Software Developer (API/Node.js)
Affinity Staffing Inc
As a Software Developer (API), you will build, maintain and improve web software solutions from idea to creation to bring exciting new features to our users across North America and Europe. Your creative and curious spirit will be a pivotal and additive part of the team, working together to foster and lead technical innovation.
We know you are just as eager as we are to share your knowledge and expertise with a group of people just like you, dedicated to technology!
The strength of our organization is in its people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely.
In this role, you will:
- Plan and develop control flows and design components
- Collaborate with other teams on integrations, API contracts, and dependencies
- Implement testing strategies, refactoring, and maintaining existing and new web software
- Build and maintain deployment pipelines and continuous integration
- Contribute to designing products, architecting our infrastructure, and improving technical documentation
- Write code and mentor teammates as they test-drive code for new features and bug fixes
- Use JIRA to manage the progress of work in the development pipeline
- Communicate with other teams; collect feedback, business requirements and help turning them into actionable items
- Have full ownership of the systems you and your team develop. This includes monitoring, investigating issues, and supporting the service during outages
You will bring:
- 3+ years of experience of designing and building web software solutions
- 3+ years using Node.js ecosystem, packages, and dependency management
- Strong understanding of development life cycles, data structures, and software design patterns
- Strong knowledge on Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMs) and their extensions (ie. Postgres, Postgis)
- Experience building high traffic internal and external REST APIs
- Experience with automated testing
- Have detailed knowledge of the Git version control system
- Familiar with the Agile manifesto and relevant development methodologies
It would be nice if you had:
- Production experience in various container (i.e. docker) based deployment/build systems in production
- Experience with C#, GoLang, Python, Scala or any other back-end language
- Familiarity with React, Redux, GraphQL, DDD, and CQRS
- Experience with Cloud-native infrastructure design & deployment pipelines (ie. AWS)
- Experience with IaC (ie. packer, terraform)
- We value collaboration, innovation, learning, and fun.
- We encourage each other to try out new ideas and adopt the ones that work.
- We are culturally diverse.
- We deeply value supporting a flexible work/life balance.
- We invest in professional growth. We attend conferences such as AWS re:Invent, ng-conf, .NET Fringe, HashiConf, and more!
- We have company-sponsored social events and are well-represented in local events, such as the Sun Run and Bike to Work weeks.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.