Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) Co-Op (Fall 2020)
University Recruiting Vancouver, British Columbia
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Role:
Splunk is looking for highly motivated college students to join our team for a 4 month Co-Op this fall. As an intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
Splunk’s Quality Engineering and Tooling team is a heavy Python shop. We use technologies like Python, Pytest, TOX, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and anything else that you think will be useful. Your job will be to understand our existing projects and work on a variety of features and bug fixes to improve these technologies and engineering frameworks.Responsibilities:
As a Software Developer Engineer in Test Co-Op you will…
Write code to add/modify test tooling, testing frameworks, and create automated test cases using the latest technologies. You will be working on actual live projects and have the opportunity to observe how crafting effective testing tools, test frameworks, and processes can help increase engineering productivity in a large engineering team. We are looking for smart, creative, and hardworking individuals who know how to write effective code, communicate well and learn from other engineers, and have a passion for quality engineering.
- Work with an engineering mentor to understand the current code base, setup your development/debugging environments, and get ready to tackle problems
- Reproduce defects in your local environment, integration environments, and write code to fix the bug and release new versions of the tools
- Establish effective communication and relationships with engineers who use our testing tools and frameworks, and identify their issues, feature requests, etc.
- Tackle larger feature development work in collaboration your team
- Create a well defined software implementation design and convince your peers why your proposal makes sense
- Implement features in an iterative way and eventually release the full solutions
- Have a good time learning how to build and ship software and understanding the deep importance of human relationships
- Interest in software quality engineering
- Ability to unit test your code using appropriate tools and framework
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience building meaningful software applications: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project
- You enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and strong record of academic achievement.What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk thrives on disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A fun and collaborative environment with many exciting events where you will have the chance to interact with other interns, as well as our executive leadership team.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.