Software Developer, Full Stack
Req Id: 256855
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's forward-thinking Customer Operations team is creating the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers. We lead strategic development and execution of day-to-day operations, develop tools and processes to drive service enhancements, manage customer loyalty and retention, and leverage big data and artificial intelligence to create intellectual property.
Operational Planning & Technology (OPT) team is committed to delivering accurate, useful, and timely information to guide and support strategic decision making. OPT functions as trusted advisors and subject matter experts to drive homogenous solutions across Bell business units for agent-reporting, call center reporting, and overall business intelligence for the contact center.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, OPT, the successful candidate will be responsible for web application development for Bell's various contact centers. In order to achieve our mandate, we are looking for a web programmer. The candidate should be a strong leader and an excellent programmer. We are looking for someone with sound business vision and the ability to translate business needs into holistic solutions. The incumbent should possess excellent negotiation and communication skills to interact with multiple stakeholders. A passion for improvement and an ability to prioritize and drive change in a complex environment are required. A detailed approach and a process-oriented mind will also be required.
- Publishing reports at the agent and call center level
- Web application development and implementation
- Identification of system deficiencies and recommending solutions
- Provide time estimates for projects
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Performance testing, software implementation, systems documentation
- Support of the programs developed for internal customers
- Ensuring quality control while respecting predetermined business rules and deadlines
- Enhancing and supporting existing tools and database infrastructures
- Assisting various business units through alignment and implementation to achieve targeted goals
- University degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Previous programming experience
- Experience and knowledge of Angular Web Framework would be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of Windows environment, SAS and Teradata
- Good knowledge of MS SQL Server RDMS and T-SQL programming (2005+)
- Experience in relational database analysis
- Strong knowledge of BI/Query, MS Project, and ACDs - Symposium, Avaya, IEX or equivalent
- Strong Mathematical and analytical skills
- Autonomous, very dynamic, capable of decision making
- High capacity to learn, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 07/21/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or ***********@bell.ca to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at *********@bell.ca.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Read more about why Bell is considered one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.