Software Developer, Junior/Intermediate
Our Company Benefits
Our contribution to our employees represents much more than just a pay check.
We invest in our employees health and wellness, paid time off, retirement,
income protection, work/life balance, talent development and more. As a General
Dynamics employee, you can enjoy many of our benefits including:
* Health and optional dental plan
* Life insurance and retirement benefits
* Vacation and flexible work environment
* On-site fitness facilities
* Free parking
* Hockey and soccer leagues
* Tickets and giveaways offered through our Recreation Association
About General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada
General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is one of the country s most
innovative defence and security technology companies, providing advanced
thinking, design expertise, and implementation know-how to equip military and
first responders with leading-edge hardware, software and systems.
Our employees innovate on a daily basis. Part of General Dynamics Mission
Systems, a global company with more than 13,000 employees across 100 facilities
worldwide, our success stems from strong system engineering experience, ongoing
investment in research and development, collaboration with commercial and
military systems industry leaders, and a singular focus on customer service.
In Canada, we employ more than 1,300 people across three locations. Our
business groups include: Land Communications, Airborne Mission Systems,
Underwater Warfare and Cyber Solutions.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural
background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do
resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! (Workplace
accommodations are available).
As a Software Developer, you will lead and coordinate automation of
documentation deliverables and other associated initiatives within the Wiki
Architecture, including the Framework, driving how the Wiki model is built and
how the information is managed within. Working within the Configuration
Management, Document Management and Release process, you must understand the
version protection and formal release of Wiki content. In addition, you will
verify and identify methodologies to increase level of quality, consistency,
usability and reusability of information and documentation based on feedback
from its community of users. Other areas will include identifying opportunities
for improvements to applicable processes, standards and guidelines for all
contributions through user guide development, mentorship and utilizing best
practices and provisions of training tools.
* University degree in Engineering, Science or Computer Science
* 3-5 years of Data Modelling and metadata management in big data
* 3-5 years of relational, dimensional and/or analytical database
* Development experience in Semantic Media Wiki (Mediawiki Markup format)
and a similar technology, CSS and HTML.
* Experience in Technical writing and general purpose scripting and
programming languages such as PHP and Python.
* Proficient in software programs such as Word processing, spreadsheet,
presentation, graphics, and statistical analysis applications.
* Initiative and strong communications skills (written and verbal);
* Excellence in people skills and customer interactions;
Ideally you will have experience in
* Development experience with multiple Web based information management
technologies such as SharePoint or similar
* Experience with PDM Link and RTC
* Proficiency in spoken and written French
Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive
Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian
Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.