Software Developer Spacecraft Trajectory Design
Job Locations US-TX-Houston
Our long-term client relationship with Jacobs has led to a need for a
Software Developer Spacecraft Trajectory Design on the JSC
Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract at Johnson Space
Center (Houston, TX).
JETS provides products and technical services related to human
operations in space through development and integration of a broad
spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft
flight and flight development products, human exploration mission
planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology
Barrios Technology Ltd. is a woman-owned and operated small business
headquartered in Houston, Texas. We provide a full spectrum of
engineering, operations and related technology services in support of
the aerospace community and have successfully supported NASA for 38
years. Barrios Technology is the prime contractor for the Mission and
Program Integration (MAPI) contract and Research, Engineering, Mission
Integration Services (REMIS) contracts along with subcontractor
support to multiple prime contractors as listed below. Barrios
employees have the opportunity to contribute to the US Space Program
through work on the International Space Station (ISS), Orion, Space
Launch System and Exploration programs. Our primary locations are at
NASA s Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston, TX and the Marshall
Space Flight Center (MSFC) in Huntsville, AL. We also support
commercial space programs and provide systems engineering services to
the oil and gas industry. Our customers include:
* Boeing on the Boeing Engineering and Technical Services (BETS)
contract at JSC and MSFC
* Jacobs Technology on the JSC Engineering and Technical Services
(JETS) contract at JSC
* COLSA Corporation on the Huntsville Operations Support Center
(HOSC) contract at MSFC
* Rothe Development, Inc. on the Joint Operations, Integrated
Systems Technology (JOIST) Contract at JSC
* Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) Commercial Resupply Services 2
(CRS2) contract in Colorado and Houston
* Leidos Innovations on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC)3 at JSC
* Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (formerly Orbital ATK) on the
CRS1 contract in Houston, TX and Virginia
* British Petroleum (BP) in Houston, TX
* Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies, Inc.(SGT) / KBRwyle on the
Mission Systems Operations (MSOC) contract at JSC
* Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies, Inc. (SGT)/ KBRwyle on the
Integrated Mission Operations Contract II (IMOC II) contract at
* KBRwyle on the Fully Integrated Lifecycle Mission Support Services
(FILMSS) contract at Ames Research Center
The Software Developer Spacecraft Trajectory Design will:
* Design and implement software upgrades.
* Deliver software modifications and test cases.
* Formally document and present the results of all activities.
* Directly interact with the NASA customer along with various NASA
* Use the software to perform analysis as necessary.
* Perform all other assigned duties.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the
candidate s experience, position requirements and business needs, we
reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this
position has been advertised.
* Bachelor s degree in engineering from an accredited engineering
school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a
Master s degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4)
years of related engineering experience, or a Ph.D. from an
accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related
-OR * Bachelor s degree in engineering from an accredited engineering
school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a
Master s degree from an accredited engineering school and eight
(8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4)
years of direct engineering experience.
* Expertise with modern scientific/numerical software development
and object-oriented programming with the Fortran/C++/ Python
* Capacity for creative thinking and problem solving involving
low-level code as well as high-level software architecture
* Ability to identify and resolve performance related issues and the
ability to assist others in the resolution of these issues.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various
* MS/PhD in Aerospace Engineering.
* Expertise in the field of orbital mechanics, spacecraft trajectory
design and optimization.
* Experience with software development using modern Fortran
* Experience with git/GitLab and Subversion version control systems.
* Experience with OpenGL and GUI toolkits such as Winteracter, Qt,
WxWidgets, or GTK.
* Experience with Linux scripting.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government
* Applicant selected may be subject to government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
* Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
* May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
* Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities
* Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside
work depending on task.
* Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
* Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is
* Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to
meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
* Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
* Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances
productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
* Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must
not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
* This position may require some commuting and traveling to other
installations as needed.
Don t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration,
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government
* Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which
this position has been advertised.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic
information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendReferSorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeedApplication
Software Powered by iCIMS
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.