Software Engineer: API & Viz Team with Gro Intelligence
Join the A.I. company tackling some of the most consequential problems facing the world today. Gro Intelligence is a fast-growing, mission-driven data and analytics company dedicated to understanding the interconnected global markets for all agricultural products. From the food we eat to the clothing we wear and the gasoline in millions of cars across the globe, agriculture touches our daily existence like few other industries. And it’s being completely upended by climate change, trade wars, finite global resources, fickle public policies, a growing population and ever-changing human tastes (e.g. organic produce, plant-based proteins, etc). Come help us understand the complex interplay of these various forces and their ripple effect on global markets.
With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, Gro is a diverse team of more than 70 technologists, scientists, and business professionals. Our team is growing rapidly and we’re looking for highly motivated, intellectually curious individuals with a shared commitment to building software that impacts the world on the most basic level.
Gro has been featured prominently alongside the company’s founder and CEO in several recent outlets including Recode Decode with Kara Swisher, Fast Company’s Most Creative People, Fortune’s Most Powerful Women in Business, and Vanity Fair’s Inside the Hive with Nick Bilton.
What you’ll do:
• Join our API & visualization team to work on our data discovery/visualization tool and API product.
• Explore new methods and technologies to improve user experience and system performance.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver on the product vision.
• Strong fundamentals in computer science
• Knowledge of Node.js
• Proficient in HTML & CSS
• Experience with API design and service implementation
• 2+ years of working/research experience
Who You Are:
• The ideal candidate will have built and deployed software services at scale
• Know what it takes to ship high quality code
• A builder of productive and collaborative teams
• A great team player – you have a point of view, and know how to humbly raise it
• Care about user experience and have an eye for good design
• Experience with other backend languages like python and Go
• Experience with data visualization tools like D3, highchart
• Knowledge of NLP/Machine Learning/Data Science
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.