Software Engineer - Build Systems
Posted: Jul 13, 2020
Weekly Hours: 37.5
We are looking for a Software Engineer with experience in continuous integration and developer tooling to join our team and help us build the next generation of developer platform tools. In this role, you’ll be responsible for designing and building the core continuous integration and deployment features for a ‘yet to be announced’ product that will be used by millions of developers around the world to build software for Apple’s iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS platforms.
- At least 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation
- Understanding of algorithms and design patterns for distributed systems
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, reliability and security
- Experience building and/or maintaining CI/CD systems.
- Knowledge of Apple’s developer tools, Xcode, Swift Package Manager, etc.
- Major Skywagon features: 3rd party package manager support, support for tvOS/watchOS/Marzipan and Dim Sum. Performance improvements.
The Cloud Services team is seeking a highly motivated engineer to help us build the future of developer tools at Apple. You will join a small but ambitious group of engineers responsible for a yet to be announced product as an engineer responsible for building new features and services for this new Apple product. We are passionate about building industry-leading developer tools and services, and the ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining CI systems, an enthusiasm for streamlining and automating developer workflows, a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, and an appetite to learn and sweat the details of our domain.
You will collaborate with Apple's software organization to accelerate the development of Apple's internal OS components, and also provide great new features for Apple's external developer community. The ideal candidate will be passionate about software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, testing, CI, deployment automation, and release engineering. Excellent communication skills, including crafting actionable project proposals, and communicating with stakeholders are a must for a successful candidate.
You will be part of a focused team in Cloud Services, but also work closely with the larger Development Technologies organization colocated with us. Here you will find that we:
- Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans.
- Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to find your own space and focus
Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture.
- Encourage you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Offer excellent benefits.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.