Software Engineer, Planning and Decision Making
At Gatik we're developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates who would like to be involved in all aspects of growing a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you're curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Understand and analyze state of the art approaches and contribute to algorithm development in the areas of path/motion planning and decision making
- Design and implement key components of planning stack responsible for defining the vehicle driving behavior
- Contribute to the behavior prediction of traffic participants perceived around the autonomous vehicle
- Develop efficient Deep Learning architectures that run in real-time or other resource constrained setting
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in CS, Robotics or related field
- Extensive experience working in container based technologies like Docker
- Familiarity with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Caffe & Torch
- Exceptional coding abilities, architecture, debugging/diagnostics skills with experience working in a large rapidly evolving C++ production code base
- Experience with emerging deep learning based motion planning approaches (LSTMs, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Deep Q-learning, etc)
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Industry experience with software development for robotic systems
- Experience in applying ML for control or planning problems (e.g. Imitation Learning, Behavior Prediction, Reinforcement Learning)
- Experience working with real-time systems, large-scale scalable software architectures, and large datasets
- Solid technical foundation in CPU and GPU architectures, containers and numeric libraries
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you'll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Follow us on LinkedIn
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.