Software Engineer Software Defined Networking
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect,
communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of
IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified
communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help
ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and
Cisco is a $40 Billion dollar global leader in supplying leading edge, best-in-
class networking products driving today's Internet. The company is ranked as
one of the world's best employers and spends over $5 Billion dollars a year
invested in R&D. Cisco is a great place to grow your career.
Central Software Group (CSG) seeks an experienced Engineer to deliver software
solutions for our Service-Provider/ DataCenter/Enterprise products. This is an
excellent opportunity to participate in development of flexible software in CSG
for the next generation networking product s.
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in development of protocols
for Cisco products. Requires use of a strong background in SW design,
documentation and implementation, and hands on experience in coding and
developing software projects that may include any of the following list of
* Work closely with other SW and HW Engineers to develop and support
* Design, and determine product direction.
* Represent your team with other Cisco departments, customers, and
* Author product and project specifications.
* Partner with Management Team in defining and planning projects.
* Take a lead role in Cisco s Patent Program.
* Ability to apply advanced networking principles, theories and concepts.
* Work with test team and provide support to test activities like
Who You Are
* Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple products.
* Ability to effectively present technological concepts to a wide audience.
* Ability to influence the development of industry wide standards.
* Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical
objectives of assignment.
* Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging
* Excellent teamwork and people skills
* Programming experience (C, C++ ), script languages (Perl, Python)
* Familiarity with Unix/Linux
* Experience working on embedded systems
* Experience using RTOS (ex QNX, VxWorks)
* Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex TCP/IP, OSPF,
Master s degree or Bsc with 5+ years of experience in Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco
and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and
have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams
that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT,
and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco
delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the
unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary
ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to
public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded
innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global
recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things
in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has
exponential possibilities at Cisco
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.