Software Mobile App Test Development Engineer
- Develop test plans and test cases based on product requirements for mobile applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product and development teams to define test cases and product KPIs.
- Define, develop, and set up test automation (from UI to unit level tests) to ensure quality of the product via regression, performance, and stability testing.
- Assess risks and file appropriate and well-documented defects.
- Perform first-level triage of issues, prioritize accordingly, and propose potential root causes.
- Perform manual testing as required.
- Ensure development teams are practicing good testing methodologies.
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks.
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (MS preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in a Software Development and/or QA Automation role.
- Extensive experience developing tests using JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock, Espresso, AppCrawler, XCTest, XCUITest, Entwine, Appium.
- Proficiency in test automation infrastructure tools, including Jenkins.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies and practices.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, including Python, Bash, Perl.
- Proficiency in software development for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum practices.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional teams
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Vehicle Management Software- Digital Commerce
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what's been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what's possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can't make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we've never been and do things we've never done - thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds- but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We're currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.