Solution Specialist - AWS
SoftwareONE is a public, Swiss headquartered, 11 Billion Dollar revenue Company. SoftwareONE is present in 88 markets worldwide and now employs over 6000 people.
We could spend more time telling you about how SoftwareONE is a market leader Software Portfolio Management & Software Advisory Services along with Platform and technology service provider.
We could even tell you that we are growing at 35%+ year on year – however, by the time you have finished reading this document, we would have to increase all the figures.
What You Should Really Know About Us.
“Strip away everything. Strip away our brand, strip away our buildings, strip away our offices. What are we left with? Our people. This is what makes SoftwareONE successful. Passionate people who live and breathe our values every day, who delight our customers, every day, and who go above and beyond, every day. Our culture is unique, and I believe that having the right people, and empowering them to succeed, is the absolute key to our success” – Patrick Winter, CEO.
What We Expect From Our Employees
Success at SoftwareONE is not defined by what you do for yourself, but by what you deliver for our customers, the business and for the employees around you. SoftwareONE employees are energized, super agile and are laser focused on delivering world class Customer Satisfaction and results. Our leaders motivate and inspire their teams and provide a working environment that delivers incredible levels of Employee Satisfaction. We are Humble, have a very high degree of Integrity and are simply not interested in politics. Our leaders operate with a high level of Discipline but are able to work at Speed manage change in a global economy.
AWS is one of the technology practices focused on the delivery of software centric datacenter solutions with an emphasis on Hybrid Cloud and Next Generation datacenter technologies (future in the context of next-gen). The role will require cross solution level technical understanding and expertise across multiple platforms (primarily Windows & Linux), hybrid cloud (with a focus on management, operations, and automation), database (SQL, ORCL, SAP, RDS, Aurora), public cloud (IaaS, PaaS), Application Devolvement, cloud native applications and Development Operations (DevOps). While the primary focus will be on Amazon Web Services technologies, there will be a reliance in the expertise in foundational partners such as, but not limited to, VMware, Red Hat, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins and others will serve as foundational technologies within the stack. The practice will also include “emerging technology” solutions from newer publishers and vendors that are finding traction in the broader marketplace and/or serve a specific niche solution.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Sales & Services
- Partners and co-owns sales activities at a customer level with the field-based account manager (Business Development Manager [BDM]).
- Performance and success measured by GP performance of region and individual accounts. Performance based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format.
- Analyze & gather business requirement from large & complexity client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on client requirements.
- Responsible for partnering with BDMs and local sales leadership to drive new business opportunities within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Prepares cost estimates for licensing and product sales as well as professional services (deployment, migration, implementation, workshops, etc.) by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with other engineers, architects, practice leads and other professional and technical personnel (both internal and external).
- Develop overall solutions including high-level design (e.g.-Whiteboarding), statements of work (SOW), service design and bills of materials (BOM).
- Contributes to service delivery and engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- General Business Development, Marketing, & Partnerships
- Assist and own partnership/alliance functions to assigned partner relationships. This may include being primary contact for Partner/Channel Account Managers and assisting in GTM and business planning as well as driving forward programmatic initiatives.
- Develop relationships and act as liaison to local partners (VARs, publishers, distribution, etc.) to ensure available resources are being utilized where appropriate.
- Act as a technical evangelist for marketing activities including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by preparing and delivering content and messaging.
- Travel required up to 50%.
- Maintain and report on regional service delivery, sales pipeline, and project status.
- Expectation that sales activity is 70% and delivery activity is 30% work breakdown (guideline only)
- Maintain and acquire advanced level technical certification in assigned area and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. #LI-JG1
What we need to see from you
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- University degree preferred (in the field of Information Technology and/or or equivalent combination of experience and education; Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years or equivalent experience sales engineering and services in Public cloud.
- Ability to sell, scope, price with limited support.
- Significant hands on experience in on premise cloud and public cloud solutions architecture.
- Significant technical experience in AWS IAAS Solutions.
- Documented successful sales of enterprise-wide advanced technology public cloud solutions.
- Advanced-level Partner Sales and Technical Certifications required. AWS certified professional and Associate is desired.
- Ability to independently conduct meetings with engineering-level, management-level or executive level customer personnel in regard to positioning sales and solutions.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.