Solutions Support Engineer, Virtualized Edge Remote North America
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network
innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more
responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world
- picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one yo
interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social /
entertainment / business existence REAL.
What will you do at Ciena?
We are looking for a Solutions Support Engineer for an exceptional opportunity
to join in establishing and growing a new services practice within a technology
leader. Ciena s Global Services team is building a Systems Integration
practice focused on Enterprise Edge/NFV solutions including uCPE hardware, D-
NFVI software, Blue Planet orchestration, third-party Virtual Network Functions
(VNF s) and other multi-vendor elements.
The network edge is an area of growth driven by virtualization, infrastructure
refresh, Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC), 5G, and Internet of Things (IoT).
You will support virtualized edge solutions for our service provider and
enterprise customers with an excellent customer experience. You will bring
technical depth and breadth along with strong customer facingskills. Our
startup team will benefit from your customer focus, collaboration,
troubleshooting, responsiveness and professionalism.
* Provide both post-sales and pre-sales solution support activities. Triage
and isolate issues.
* Collaborate with system component owners, internal or external to Ciena,
for issue resolution in compliance with service level agreements.
* Support orchestration, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure
(NFVI), and enterprise Virtual Network Functions elements.
* Perform testing of solutions along with troubleshooting techniques to
identify and resolve issues.
* Perform root cause analysis of issues.
* Perform solution life cycle management activities: evaluation and impact
assessment of revisions to solution components. Assist in validation of
solution configurations and release updates.
* Contribute to knowledge base and competency development of the team
* Create documentation and knowledge sharing content/competency development
for colleagues, partners, and clients.
* Assist with staging and demonstration of proof of concepts (PoC) for
customers and customer clients.
* Identify and create processes and tools and other improvements to
optimize the capabilities of the practice.
* Provide status and resolution communication to both internal and external
* The successful applicant for this role will have 10+ years of experience
working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field. Two
or more years of NFV/VNF application experience.
* Experience in a technical support role with an equipment vendor, software
vendor, or systems integrator for multi-vendor solutions.
* Technical knowledge and experience in cloud computing and network
function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function
Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtualized Network
* Experience with enterprise VNF s such as firewall, SBC, router, load-
balancer, and SD-WAN.
* Certification or familiarization with hypervisor technologies and
software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack,
VMWare, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds.
* Network testing methodologies including test set usage and automation:
Ixia or Spirent.
* VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge.
* Has performed cloud deployments and migrations.
* Rest API, automation, and scripting skills are valuable including:
Ansible, Gitlab CI, JSON and Python.
* Understanding of ethernet and IP networks: network design, routing
protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Bachelor s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering,
computer science or equivalent experience.
* Problem solver. Self-starter. Can gain collaboration of colleagues,
partners, and third-parties with influence and respect. Performs well
* Willingness to perform a variety of tasks in a start-up mode.
* Customer support activities may involve extended workhours when escalated
issues occur and during maintenance intervals.
* The ability to travel to support customer issues..
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an
experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We
attract the best and brightest those with outstanding talent, motivation,
and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our
openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the
foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation,
and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while
on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each
individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact
on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena s
highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for
pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an
environment that values and respects all individual s strengths,
perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally.
Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as
individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other
category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices
regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a
timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be
assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.