Southwest Regional Business Director
The Regional Business Director will play a critical role in building and
leading Blueprint Medicines first commercial sales organization as we plan to
deliver multiple product launches and indication expansions for patients with
solid tumors and a rare hematologic disorder, with 2 planned marketed products
by 2020. This person will be responsible for maximizing revenue by driving
sales activity and providing leadership to the Area Business Managers within
the region. They shall oversee the implementation and execution of disease,
diagnostic and branded educational awareness, as well as maintain effective
communication and relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders.
He/She will report to the Vice President, US Sales.
* Hiring, training, retention and professional development of 7-8 Area
Business Managers across the region.
* Exhibits a patient focused mindset and drives performance with ABM s
ensure sales forecasts and KPI s are met or exceeded.
* Conduct regular field visits to effectively coach the use of approved
resources and drive therapeutic and territory expectations.
* Ensure a high level of clinical acumen, working with ABM s on custome
messaging during HCP interactions to deliver compliant impactful
* Maintain understanding of current market dynamics; institutional and
community accounts, key influencers and opinion leaders. Routinely share
information with all Blueprint Medicines stakeholders.
* Provide input into resource allocation decisions across the region.
Effective management of annual budgeting for sales activity and delivery
of expenditure within agreed upon timelines.
* Communicate incentive plans for the team and monitor monthly performance
* Collaborate with internal field teams (diagnostics, medical, market
access) to ensure alignment of account/ HCP activities across all
* Deliver quarterly business reviews on behalf of the regional business to
VP, Sales and maintain regular communication on critical business needs.
* Consistent utilization of analytical tools to understand business trends,
deploy resources, guide ABM coaching and accomplish overall sales
* Work with ABM s around development of local market business plans to
drive effective implementation of the strategic plan and ensure
achievement of goals and objectives.
* Acts with integrity and is a role model to the team. Sets clear
expectations regarding ethical behavior and strict adherence to
compliance standards. Applies appropriate performance management and
* Creates, builds and maintains relationships and communication with
physicians and thought leaders.
* Develops, leads and facilitates team POA meetings.
* Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical sales management, preferably in
oncology and/or rare disease areas.
* Demonstrated success with building high performing field teams in a true
* Experience leading teams in complex niche environments; companion
diagnostics, specialty pharmacy / patient HUB.
* Demonstrated success across multiple drug launches in applicable
* Proven track record of employee development and performance management.
* Ability to travel within the US on a regular basis which may include
overnight and weekend travel.
* Excellent leadership coaching and performance management abilities.
* Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
* Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to collaborate with
cross functional partners and seek creative solutions to barriers.
* Skilled in identifying opportunities and threats to the business, while
operating with a high sense of urgency.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.