Specialist Developer - Automation (RPA)
• 10 Months Max term position
• Melbourne or Sydney
• Automation, MyIT Experience, TECHNOLOGY
You are part of a technology products and services division, that creates market differentiation through deployment of resilient, innovative technology and contemporary methods, at scale.
For your role to make a difference, you will be customer focussed, results driven and able to work collaboratively with our people, customers and partners. You will cultivate innovation within your team and partners and will demonstrate and encourage life-long learning. You will have demonstrated experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools UiPath or Automation Anywhere / Blue Prism
You will also have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and skills so that they can be utilised more broadly within Technology and IAG.
• Understand the SDLC model and what their specific activities are in designing and then delivering a solid, robust application;
• Develop to coding and source code development standards;
• Design and develop code that is clean, understandable, maintainable and solid;
• Design, develop and implement test plans to accurately test the application code, functions, modules and program;
• Develop and maintain detailed and accurate documentation per all IAG standards;
• Defect fix during system and user acceptance testing;
• Participate in the project estimation process reviewing and challenging where necessary, estimates for tasks which are assigned to them
• Liaise with business system owners directly (where required) to refine requirements and provide guidance;
• Participation in out of hours incident resolution when required;
• Deliver using agile and continuous delivery principles. Attend stand-ups, retros, planning and prioritisation sessions;
• Encouraging an inclusive, open and collaborative environment.
Skills & Experience
• Design and development techniques.
• Solid working knowledge of the application design and development processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to applications projects.
• Solid understanding of structured programming principles (e.g. object-oriented) as applied to software development.
• Capability to create solutions within a team environment
• Good proficiency with verbal, written presentation, facilitation and communication skills in English
• Results oriented and committed to achieving challenging objectives and delivering excellence
• At least 2 years experience as an RPA developer using either UiPath, Automation Anywhere or Blue Prism. (UiPath is preferred)
• A solid understanding of RPA framework and life cycle
• Strong knowledge of development languages including .NET, C#
• Experience working in a DevOps team
• Experience working with CI / CD tools (for example Jenkins)
Please note: The official job title for this role is Specialist II, Developer
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories. It’s about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’!
Applications close Friday 14th August 2020.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.