Specialist, Insurance Risk
The purpose of this role and your unique contribution is to document and maintain efficient and effective insurance risk frameworks, monitor compliance with these frameworks and adherence with the IAG Group Insurance Risk Framework, provide insurance risk insights and implement and oversee consistent licensing across the Australia Division, as well as contribute to the improvement of Product and Pricings risk maturity. This is a 12-month Max Term Contract.
- Maintain efficient and effective insurance risk frameworks.
- Conduct the scheduled programmes of review and reporting in line with the insurance risk operating framework.
- You will develop and maintain relationships and communication with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Relationship management and interaction with Risk, Compliance and Legal teams.
- You will monitor the Divisions adherence with the Group Insurance Risk Framework and the Business Division Licence through the coordination and completion of the Insurance Standards Self-Assessment.
- You will record and track actions required to close adherence gaps with the Group insurance Risk Framework and Business Division Licence.
- Maintain Governance of the Portfolio Licensing Framework to ensure underwriting licences are issues consistent with delegated underwriting authorities via LARS and Portfolio Licences are issued for each segment and Product.
- You will document and maintain the insurance risk frameworks, policies and procedures including document management, version control and the document management repository.
- You will review Insurance Risk breaches consistent with regulatory and internal insurance risk practices.
- You will draft policy and procedural documentation for relevant frameworks and promote embedment of Insurance Risk in the Division.
- Extensive insurance industry experience, preferably in Underwriting or Claims
- Ability to demonstrate a level of knowledge and skills reflective of an insurance specialist who has progressed within specialist, technical, governance, risk and/or operational management positions of increasing responsibility.
- Proven experience managing insurance risk frameworks in a way that engages with and meets business needs and objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Develop, foster and leverage key relationships
- Relevant undergraduate degree in business, or equivalent level of industry experience.
- Relevant industry or specialist qualifications e.g. ANZIIF.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications close Wednesday 19 th August 2020.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.