Specialist, Service Delivery
Standard Chartered Bank
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Analyse and monitor coverage and cost effectiveness of bank wide benefits program
- Lead health-focused medical and benefits system and processes
- Organise/launch regular wellness programs such as on-site Health Talks, Health Screenings, and AIA Vitality.
- Manage and guide GPS and vendors on the annual mybenefits enrolment cycle
- Maintain a good knowledge of benefit offerings and new trends and developments in benefit implementation and governance for Singapore.
- Maintain documentation including benefit plan documents, policies and practices on the Bridge
- Maintain the Singapore Employee Benefits Handbook to update the latest benefits available to employees
- Manage ad hoc benefit projects and vendor transitions and implementations
- Complete outsourcing requirements for benefits including annual Periodic Risk Review (PRR) process and monthly service review meetings (SRM) dashboard submission.
- Partner with HR Employee Relations (ER) to provide materials and participate in Union discussions.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders such as committees, IT, Legal, Finance, Tax and all of HR across Payroll, HRBPs, HRBAs, ER, COO, Resourcing etc to ensure efficient plan administration, cost reporting, and excellent customer service to employees
- Monitor external benefit trends and participate in market surveys
- Approving Payroll/HR Ops Finance to process benefits related payment to employees, ex-employees, insurance partner or regulators
- Manage all other SG SD processes apart from mainstream Payroll and Reward processes.
- Annual exercise to perform checks on Block Leave completion
- Support technological enhancements as per group standards and BAU requirements
- Work with regional/group PRB teams to ensure the roll out of local benefits are in line with global design principles.
- Collaborate effectively with GPS
- Manage all vendor relationships with medical provider, insurance/consulting/health and wellness partners including contract and plan negotiations, RFP and vendor selection, and monitoring of service level agreements
- Identify and resolve issues with vendors, HR change management/project/IT, and Group Benefit teams as they arise
- Ensure vendor's adherence to KPIs & SLAs
- Work with corporate affairs to communicate benefits/wellness programs to increase employees' understanding and participation
- Conduct Right Start new hire benefit orientation sessions and employee communication sessions, as needed
- Serve as a point of contact for benefit-related inquiries from employees
- Deliver trainings / guidance notes on benefits to internal SG HR community including GPS and resourcing teams to ensure they are kept up to date on changes impacting Singapore Benefits
- Ensure Operational Risk (OR) requirements are met
- Participate in governance forums/ periodic meetings and ensure all actions agreed are completed in a timely manner
- Establish and review operations / control procedures in benefits administration on regular basis and drive process efficiency.
- Conduct data validation, data analysis and reporting on claims/benefits
- Deliver, escalate and mitigate any outsourcing risk and exposure related to benefits.
- Deliver controlled sample tests as applicable.
- Identify opportunities and implement plans to achieve continuous improvement.
- Ensure all relevant deliverables are met on time
- Assist with internal/external audit requests and MAS requests for information including annual surveys and headcount reports in a timely manner
- Comply to all government reporting requirements and disclosures
Our Ideal Candidate
- A professional or relevant post-graduate management qualification;
- 5+ years of HR operations/benefits experience with vendor management experience;
- Ability to work independently; identifying and prioritising key issues then managing them through to a conclusion in a collaborative team structure;
- Versatile enough to balance tactical and strategic responsibilities in dynamic and changing environment;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills and relationship building skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of employment rights and conditions under the Singapore labour law, Employment Act is preferred
- Technical knowledge of insurance and captive arrangements is an advantage but not essential
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.