The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003492
We have an opportunity for four experienced Specialty Coders to join our team!
***Part-time remote work possible after minimum six-month training and successful completion of performance evaluation. Additional remote-worker criteria must be evaluated and met prior to final approval.***
Responsible for assuring charges are processed promptly & accurately into the Practice Management System. Supports the Clinic staff in all aspects of procedure & diagnostic coding. Review surgical operative notes and specialty specific clinic-based charges and assign CPT, diagnosis codes, and modifier for the services provided in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10, and the National Correct Coding Initiative. Serve as a liaison between clinical staff and providers for coding questions. Facilitate accurate coding by providing and promoting provider and staff education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolve pending charges into the Practice Management System within targeted turnaround times.
- Review specialty specific clinic-based charges accurately assigning CPT, diagnosis, and modifier codes.
- Reviews documentation to ensure accurate coding in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10, and the National Correct Coding Initiative.
- Complete workqueue edits, investigating as necessary to accurately code charges.
- Act as resource or liaison to answer coding and charge entry questions.
- Provide/support coding education for accounts receivable staff as requested.
- Facilitates accurate coding by providing feedback related to payor denials and policies to providers.
- Attend and/or conduct periodic coding / charge entry training sessions as requested.
- Review operative notes accurately assigning CPT, diagnosis, and modifier codes.
- Work directly (face-to-face) with providers to ensure optimal documentation to support services provided
- Resolve coding review edits by reviewing clinical documentation and/or seeking clarification from Provider and/or clinical staff.
- Query providers with coding questions and/or providing coding education and support to providers.
- Attend periodic coding or department meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Research coding for proposed new services to assure accurate coding and billing.
- Review and audit coding and identify opportunities to improve performance
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have and maintain one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCA, CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC-A, CPC-H, CPC-H-A, or one of the relevant AAPC specialty-specific coding credentials).
- Working knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) required.
- Must maintain proficiency in accordance with TVC's Coding Proficiency Standards.
Minimum of two years' experience in medical coding, or combination of education, experience, and coding credentials.
- Medical Terminology required.
- Typing minimum of 40 wpm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to train and audit new and established providers as skills are mastered.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.