Spine Sales Associate (Houston, TX)
Who We Want
Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive and results-oriented salespeople who create a track record of success.
Persuasive influencers. People who understand market positioning and can use their relationship skills and depth of knowledge to secure buy-in, cooperation, and loyalty.
Organized self-starters. Persistent salespeople who create and maintain precise inventory control to ensure they can initiate the implementation of a solution with the proper product or tool.
Mission-driven salespeople. Fiercely intense representatives who work whatever hours necessary to live out their purpose of changing people’s lives and making healthcare better.
What You Will Do
The Sales Associate will represent Stryker as a leader in our industry and the marketplace by assisting with the selling, promoting and marketing of our products to a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals. Under supervision of the Regional Sales manager and with direction from the local Sales Representative, the Sales Associate will:
- Assist with sales calls to customers and prospects with a particular focus on orthopedic and neuro spine surgeons.
- Move consignment and loaner inventory between accounts based on the surgical needs of the territory and region.
- Following extensive product training, the Sales Associate must be able to advise on appropriate product selection, answer customer questions about product functionality and distinguish Stryker products from those of Stryker’s competitors.
- May direct or assist in product demonstration in the operating room and office settings
- May assist in the preparation and operation of trade shows, conventions, and/or clinical meetings.
- Keep sales representative informed of territory happenings and progress on a regular basis.
- Solve product problems for customers in an expeditious fashion.
- Assist in the training of hospital staff on the proper use of Stryker products.
- Understand and adhere AND ADHERENCE to all hospital, operating room and pertinent OSHA guidelines.
- Upon mastery of training, surgical case coverage is an essential part of the job that entails being properly prepared for and punctual to the procedure.
- Must adhere rigidly to all Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) policies and procedures as stipulated by the company and the FDA.
What You Need
To be successful in this role bring your strong multitasking ability, ability to read and sell to any audience, drive to achieve and succeed, aptitude to learn medical and technical information quickly, ability to build strong, lasting relationships, a strong work-ethic and a competitive nature
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus four (4) years’ experience in a clinical and/or operating room environment or 4 year degree from an accredited college or university required
- Knowledge in the use of current office technologies (MS Office suite, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships
- Must be comfortable in emergency/operating room environments
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn a product’s key features & benefits.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry samples and surgical instruments kits up to 40 pounds.
- Must be available on 24-hour per day basis, to respond to customer emergencies as dictated by territory and account requirements.
- Ability to travel within Territory and in support of other Territories and to national/Area sales meetings and conventions.
What We Offer
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Coworkers committed to achieving more and winning the right way
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
- Field sales training
- In-house product training program
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopaedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.stryker.com.
In February 2020, Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) announced that for the tenth consecutive year has been named as one of the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking 8 out of 100. Some of our other awards include Great Places to Work for Inclusion, Women, Millennials, and Diversity. See full list of our awards here: https://www.stryker.com/us/en/about/awards/awards.html
Learn more about the Stryker Spine Products: https://www.stryker.com/us/en/portfolios/orthopaedics/spine--ortho-.htmlWork From Home: Field-based Travel Percentage: 20% Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.