Sr. Android Developer
At Achievers, our software delivers a powerful new way for companies to engage, align, and recognize employees enabling remarkable business success. Every day.
We hire ambitious professionals who thrive on their entrepreneurial spirit and want to Change the Way the World Works. As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and L.O.V.E. our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
About The Opportunity
We're looking for a Senior Android Developer with a passion for building complex but dependable apps so slick, beautiful, and user-friendly that it pains our users to put their phones down. As a Senior Android Developer on our Mobile team, you'll get a chance to steer the technical direction of our app, provide guidance on the intricacies of the Android platform, help grow our team, and build features that leave our users in awe.
Why work with us?
- We're a fun-loving, passionate, and highly collaborative team
- We believe in moving quickly
- We're committed to achieving technical excellence in everything we do
- You'll meet our good friend Jenkins who loves shipping code everyday
- You have a passion for building world-class software
- You're positive thinking and find opportunities instead of problems
- You have superb technical chops. But, you're always striving to improve
- You believe software should be just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside
What you'll do
- Collaborate, engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while building the next generation of features for the Achievers platform
- Be curious and inquisitive-about everything
- Live in Github creating pull requests, reviewing code, merging branches, and generally be a great team player by seeking out and providing feedback
- Innovate by participating in hackathons and initiatives important to you and your team
- Continuously integrate clean, scalable, robust, testable code
- Shape, build, and evolve our growing API responsible for powering our platform, iOS, and Android apps
- Push the boundaries of what's possible by tackling challenges in architecture, scalability, security, and performance
- Contribute to the growth of our team by providing coaching to junior developers
- Have a chance to ship code daily-yes, daily
Do you have what it takes? What we're looking for
- Sc. or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 3 years+ experience building Android apps
- You LOVE Material Design, are extremely proficient in Java, and automate everything in Gradle
- Believe in using the right tool for the job whether that's installing a third-party library or writing one yourself
- A great design eye, paying close attention to the smallest of UI and UX details
- You're efficient to the point where you can (but smart enough not to) automate yourself out of work
- Strong in architectural patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM, etc.), object modeling, and OOP concepts
- Strong in networking & concurrency
- Comfortable in a UNIX / Linux environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable architecting features up and down the entire stack including database (MySQL), server & client-side application, and API design
- Profiling performance and memory leaks
- Web development experience, especially with React / Redux, Backbone, SASS, and Node.js
- At least one published app (and/or publicly available source)
Achievers is passionate about Employee Success™. Our Software and Services™ help companies inspire employees globally and drive business success. Our software delivers the tools your employees need to perform and stay engaged, and our services provide you with one point-of-contact to help your employees sustain results that matter. Named one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Bay Area and Canada, a "Next Generation Employer of Choice", one of the "Top 10 Places Where Employees Thrive", and one of Deloitte and PROFIT's "Fastest Growing Companies", Achievers offers an outstanding compensation plan, competitive benefits program, generous vacation policy, limitless opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a corporate culture like no
Achievers is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.