Sr. Director, Global Accounts
Senior Director, Global Accounts
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
The VMware Global Account Program currently contains premier accounts managed by a team of experienced Global Account Managers (GAM). Started in 2004, as a North American Strategic Account Program, the objective of the program is to establish a significant footprint in the largest and most influential corporations world-wide in an accelerated timeframe. This strategic objective is being accomplished using highly focused and very experienced account management teams, dedicated marketing, engineering resources, and substantial executive level commitment.
The GAM Director will have principle responsibility for all accounts that are a part of the Global 300. The GAM Director will be responsible managing the GAM Teams and ensuring global consistency, global engagement, global relationship, and Total Customer Experience in their respective accounts.
- Set Global Account Team strategy and direction
- Coordinate global sales coverage and drive local sales execution
- Manage contract and pricing strategy
- Build or expand the Global Account sales team if needed
- Coordinate, manage and oversee in region account go to market module
- Oversee day to day operations of the GAM Account Teams by reviewing sales strategies, forecasts and participating in customer meetings
- Oversee the creation and delivery of accurate quarterly and annual forecasts and account plans
- Establish highly strategic, thoughtful and deliberate organization within the existing framework of our transactional and metrics-oriented business model
- Typical primary responsibilities include expanding and developing the global account program, providing customer service, and accelerating the adoption of VMware solutions
- Team leader providing professional leadership and coordination for entire Global Team
- Accounts are key, highly strategic, and have complex requirements and the sales team should be very senior and experienced
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development
- Responsible for the master strategy for strategic accounts and ensures the strategy is executed
- Rapidly understand VMware, its direct markets, channels and resources and assess quickly where additional support and emphasis is required
- Recruit and develop a world class sales team capable of selling a complex software stack in a solution selling model
- Lead and co-ordinate on a global basis the activities of pre-sales (systems engineering), consulting (post-sales/implementation/professional services), channel managers and marketing, working with functional leaders to ensure the right skills and resources are made available in support of global sales activity
- Be Operationally Excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing
- Engage with Product Group leaders and other key business stakeholders to align on business goals and provide feedback on what will be required for successful execution against our booking’s targets
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results
- Proven sales leadership in a global software organization with significant matrixed sales management responsibility
- Experience of driving, shaping and executing large, global deals
- Specific evidence of having built or substantially increased software license revenues
- Technical wherewithal to lead sales of existing and emerging leading-edge technologies
- Experience of commercial and contractual negotiations with a complex set of customers with international reach
- Will have built and developed an exceptional team of specialty sales professionals
- Ability to influence and collaborate in a highly matrixed global organization whilst taking ownership for clear and far reaching decisions
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in Technology Sales Management with increasing levels of responsibility
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience of Industry Experience, either from working within the identified business or selling to the business
- Relationships with C- Level executives at more than half of the identified Global Accounts within a defined region or team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- International sales experience highly preferred
- Travel up to 50% of the time
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.