Sr Elevator Sales Consultant - New Equipment
KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees - we also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation, sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success. Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something big!
We are looking for a Salesperson capable of building & maintaining strong relationships with existing and new customers. You have the ability to be a valued advisor to key customers such as architects, general contractors or construction consultants to share the benefits of KONE elevators and escalators.
Please note: Sales title (e.g., Sales representative/consultant/executive) will be assigned commensurate with experience and business need.
- Individual sales planning & sales funnel management; confer with all affiliated parties of new and/or existing structures to determine optimal equipment required and to generate new sales.
- Creation/execution of successful go-to-market strategy for growing KONE service customer base
- Customer relationship management to retain & grow business with existing customers and to drive customer satisfaction by identifying their needs; contact to advise progress of work
- Prepare and formally present bids for KONE standard/custom equipment, explaining such items as cost factors regarding value and benefits, (e.g. performance, environmental impact, etc.)
- Assist with industry-specific presentations to architects, consultants or General Contractors
- General understanding of contract terms and/or language and can present said terms
- Evaluate project details by using market pricing strategy and recommend best available solutions
- Follow through with the customer process by preparing order entries, submitting layouts, etc.
- Assist when needed; mentoring reps (experience pending), trade shows, campaign design, etc.
Skills, education and experience
- Drive to win & positive can-do attitude
- Ability to build customer relationships/network: Strong interpersonal & communications skills
- Technical aptitude: need to interact effectively with architects, developers, consultants and
- Customer focus, ability to understand customer needs & propose solutions that meet them
- Ability to work effectively in team environment; collaboration with peers and colleagues; as well as being capable to effectively work independently
- Business acumen to ensure sustainable revenue & profitability growth
- Analytical ability and business acumen to analyze & prioritize opportunities
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Quick Notes highly preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of work experience
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in sales
- Experience in construction or industrial equipment sales highly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.