Sr. Managing Editor
Delivering world-class thought leadership and sales enablement content for our clients and prospects is a strategic priority for the Commercial Banking Marketing team, and our Content and Editorial teams are the central hub for content strategy and production.
The Sr. Managing Editor will be a strategic partner to our marketing coverage and creative teams, evaluating business priorities and developing content to elevate our brand and business goals. This role will be responsible for managing the production of content aligned to strategic content and sales enablement plans, managing our editorial calendar, evaluating requests for marketing materials, advising on content and distribution best practices and guiding a team of writers in executing assets. This role will also be responsible for developing our tone and voice to drive consistency across campaigns, channels and assets, adapting to audience, segment and client needs as appropriate.
Commercial Banking delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to more than 30,000 clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services. We are proud of the role we play in the success of our clients, and we are grateful every day for the confidence they place in us.
Partnerships and CS Champion
- Be a champion for integrated approaches to content, working in partnership with Design, Digital, Marketing and the Business.
- Own the multichannel editorial calendar and help develop a process for content strategists to track and report on content status to senior leaders.
- Build and oversee a newsroom like editorial team to develop content aligned to the buyer’s journey including articles, guides, advertisements, videos, infographics, sales collateral, email copy, and web and social content.
- Ensure consistency and quality across channels and formats
Style and Tone Governance
- Create practical resources to support content development and the design system overseen by the Creative Director.
- Train stakeholders on the use of the tools.
Taxonomy and Information Architecture
- Advise on the development of a CB-wide IA and taxonomy and work with research and digital partners to evaluate the site map and information architecture to create a new unified taxonomy.
- Partner with content strategy in the naming process for new content and the categorization of content across owned channels.
SEO and SEM Optimization
- Partner with content strategy on the development of a multichannel SEO/SEM strategy that aligns to CB-wide and LoB target audiences and informs the unified content strategy.
- Own the use of BrightEdge tool and collaborate with firm-wide partners on a unified approach to informing LoB content strategies, and content gap analyses.
KPIs & Metrics
- Work with marketing colleagues to define KPIs for content and channel performance
- Work with Content and Digital analytics partners to analyze monthly progress toward LoB and CB-wide goals for content and make recommendations on key strategic initiatives based on business objectives.
- 10+ years of managing editor, journalism or PR experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in English, PR, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5+ years of full-time employee and freelancer/agency management experience
- Experience in developing content strategies and assets for Financial Services and / or B2B
- Superior writing skills with versatility in format, including news and headline writing, feature writing, copywriting and UX writing.
- Digital fluency across advanced marketing disciplines and channels, including personalization, marketing automation, SEO/SEM, marketing operations, etc.
- Must be a quick study of complex or technical topics, and be able to simplify those concepts into clear, precise writing
- Demonstrated experience delivering a high volume of content with speed and precision
- Ability to influence, use sound judgment, make informed decisions/recommendations and earn trust from multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable with, and an advocate for, ongoing change. Comfortable working in a matrix management organization structure to drive results
- Strong project management skills with strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills
- Critical thinker and team player with a positive, can-do attitude; must be comfortable with continuously changing opportunities and priorities
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with strong attention to detail
- Specific experience in financial services including wholesale marketing and/or agency-side experience is a plus
Writing test and samples must be provided for consideration.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.