Sr. Purchasing Specialist
The candidate should have good business acumen and end-to-end supply chain knowledge and be able to work effectively in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Participant and contribute to the monthly SIOP (Sales & Ops) meeting.
- Able to interpret SIOP demand and translate to material forecast to suppliers.
- Ensure materials full-kit for production build per demand requirement.
- Execute planning activities, material procurement and POs are carried out in a timely manner.
- Follow through production schedule and maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information in SAP system with timely update.
- Proactively check availability of capacities and material constraints that affect the products’ Supply chain.
- Measure and continuously seek to improve supply chain performance e.g. inventory turns, on-time delivery, excess and obsolescence exposure, etc.
- Maintain strong relationship and clear/direct communication with functional team members and suppliers.
- Implement standardized metrics to track, maintain and drive suppliers to continuously improve in service, cost, quality and delivery levels.
- Involved in continuous improvements in areas of lead-time, cost reductions that meet organizational goal which includes risk management.
- Generate management report and take on any other duties as assigned by Superior.
- Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics Management preferred. Diploma holders with more years of experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in purchasing or similar capacity • Material planning experience will be an added advantage
- Able to work effectively in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Meticulous, have an eye for details and ability to work independently as well as in a team
- IT literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with use and deployment of IT systems technologies/solutions to support the supply chain e.g. for tracking, inventory management, compliance etc.
- Ability to travel when required.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.