Sr. Software Development Engineer - Cloud - Neurio
Name Sr. Software Development Engineer - Cloud - Neurio
Req # 54717
Employment Type Full Time
Are you interested in joining a high-growth company and software team in the Clean Energy industry? Do you want to work with massive amounts of real-time energy data, and the latest technologies in IoT, machine learning, big data, and SaaS?
Come join the Clean Energy Team in our mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and create a more intelligent home!
Neurio, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, is looking for Senior Cloud Engineers to contribute to our technical vision and to design and build our new cloud infrastructure, services, and APIs.
Our software combines intermittent energy sources like solar with residential storage systems in order to build a reliable, environmentally sustainable electricity grid. Our applications help homeowners control their appliances and renewable energy sources for energy savings, help them manage and understand their homes' energy consumption, help installers manage large fleets of devices, and much more.
What will you do?
- Write code to develop new services and enhancements to existing Java microservices and applications using best practice design patterns to ensure robust scalability.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of the product API with external API consumers.
- Implement application designs that meet market needs and are easily extended with evolving business needs.
- Review project ideas and provide technology input, prescribing appropriate application solutions, which balance business requirements with Generac's technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Act as a mentor to junior software engineers.
- Maintain technical expertise in emerging technical trends.
- Write user and technical specifications in line with business needs.
What will you be required to have?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years' experience programming in Java in Linux and/or Windows environment and in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or Google cloud)
What other skills are beneficial?
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Adept in building microservices using Java and developing REST APIs
- Experience with AWS services EC2, ECS, serverless computing, EBS, RDS, S3, IAM, etc.
- In-depth understanding of API gateway products, API security policies & API traffic management policies
- Proficient in CI/CD tools and processes; Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
What else will you need to be successful?
- Strong communication skills and commitment to teamwork
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Proven leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Why work for us?
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Employer RRSP contribution matching
- Unlimited vacation (and we genuinely encourage you to use it)
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Spacious new office in the heart of downtown Vancouver
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.