Sr. Software Engineer - Full-Stack
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process.
Founded in 2015, we have built partnerships with over 1,200 primary, secondary, and post-secondary schools, and work with 3,500+ recruitment partners to drive diversity on campuses across Canada and the United States. To date, we have assisted more than 80,000 students with their educational journey. Together, we will achieve our mission of educating the world. In November 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast™ 50.
Our team of over 430 ApplyBoardians and growing, is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprised of 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity , diversity is fostered and celebrated. ApplyBoard is headquartered in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Sr. Full-Stack Engineer to join our growing Engineering Team and take our company and platform to the next level!
The Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer will join our growing Engineering Team in order to design and develop UX/UI and backend services to be used by our clients and partners running in the cloud and on-premise. They will participate in developing strategy, architecture and frameworks for the organization.
This role will have great communication skills working in close collaboration with DevOps and business stakeholders to provide application solutions. They will evaluate the product owner's backlog of requirements to design and develop business solutions using Agile methodology. This role requires deep knowledge and experience in API and UX/UI best practices to select the most appropriate design, process and method to meet the enterprise and business needs.
- Apply agile development principles to build organized and versatile code
- Support, fix and update existing applications to improve efficiency and support the growth of extensive software systems
- Learn, understand and implement the concepts of Test/Behavior Driven Development
- Learn and understand the fundamental concepts of ReactJS on the front end and microservices, Restful APIs on the backend and implement high-quality code according to those concepts
- Have a passion for innovative technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ and various cloud technologies
- Collaborate with other teams in order to successfully use our CI/CD pipeline to increase the velocity of feature deployments and robustness in the deployments
- Feel comfortable using different database technologies like Aurora, RDS, ElasticSearch, MongoDB and MySQL
- Document and test code to ensure the quality of the completed work requirement
- Avoid cumbersome solutions through diligent research, experimentation, and testing
- Take ownership for problems and deliver consistently high-quality solutions
- Design enhancements to improve efficiency and streamline the business process as well as the development process
- Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years experience of front-end development
- Proficiency in ReactJS
- Experience writing RESTful API endpoints using JSON
- Fluency in Object Oriented Design and software design patterns: understanding common design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Fluency in Git, shell scripting, Linux or macOS
- Bonus: Experience developing production level Ruby on Rails applications
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That's why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.