Sr. Spclst Statutory & Entity Accounting
Join us in our mission to INVENT the future. Let’s be part of our team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Apply now as Senior Specialist Statutory & Entity Accounting to be based in Singapore.
Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where we have codified our legacy for over a century. Our success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our Company's presence in Singapore spans across many Divisions. They are our Manufacturing Division, Global Human Health Regional HQ, Research & Development, Information Technology Hub, Global Support Function and Animal Health.
Our Company's Finance team brings together the financial perspectives into the overall strategic and tactical decision making for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Senior Specialist with excellent technical & leadership qualities to drive our organization's financial objectives and performance.
The ideal candidate should possess strong knowledge of IFRS and GAAP. Good analytical skill, strategic thinking, effective communication and strong leadership skills. The incumbent will be required to monitor activities at the entity level and ensure compliance with accounting & tax regulations and maintaining a healthy financial position for the entity.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitates and supports SOX & Statutory audit, prepares audit schedules and timely follow up on any audit findings
- Compliance with internal control principles and execution - oversees internal controls & implement processes to enhance internal controls including updating Archer (internal control system)
- Ensures adherence to Tax regulations are met in computation of applicable assessable income taxes, grants and incentives
- Manages tax submission such as corporate income tax returns and answering to IRAS queries including preparation of analysis
- Oversees the Statutory Reporting of entities
- Timely review & submission of Financial Statements and Audited Statutory Accounts
- Coordinates monthly financial closing process and works collaboratively with Business Service Center (BSC) and Centre Of Excellence (COEs)
- Prepares and reviews tax and payroll journal entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Expat Accounting and Reporting
- Reviews and delivers critical corporate and compliance reporting requirements
- Quarterly Entity Forecast submission
- Coordinate the preparation and review of the transfer pricing documentation
- Transfer Pricing true up exercise
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Demonstrate a good understanding of our Company's business in Singapore
- Build and develop network and partnerships with key Finance and business leaders across our Company
- Support ad-hoc Finance & Accounting requests and projects
- Drive continuous process improvements and supports process changes
- Strong technical skills with CPA, ACCA or equivalent
- Good interpersonal, and organization skills required
- Effective communication skills
- Stakeholder management: Ability to drive the conversations with senior leaders
- Good analytical skills
- Fluency in English required
- Proficiency in PC skills (MS Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint, Word) required
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.