Sr. Supply Chain Manager Manchester, NH
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
47 East Industrial Park Drive
Manchester, NH 03109
Senior Supply Chain Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Group Operations and will be responsible for overseeing and managing overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize process efficiency and productivity. Focus will include developing business processes to drive continuous improvement in Customer service levels while reducing working capital. Responsible for the processes and activities related to supply management from forecast to delivery including day-to-day communication and management of suppliers and partners as it relates to supply planning and order fulfillment. The successful candidate will implement ERP best practices and develop a culture of continuous improvement using Lean tools (VS Maps, Standard Work, Daily Management, Kanban, PFEP, pull systems, level loading, etc.) to eliminate waste.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and implement supply chain strategies and inventory policies required to drive service levels and inventory optimization in a cost-effective manner (SIOP tools, future state value stream maps/hoshin planning tools/weekly initiative review process).
* Manage and monitor supply chain KPIs, utilizing visual daily management and monthly countermeasure tools to drive the cycle of Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) at all levels of the organization.
* Coach and mentor the supply chain teams within the business units to drive the visual daily management tools required to sustain results. Build the business processes and teams required to execute strategic break-through initiatives.
* Regularly measure and understand supply chain health and function to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness, lower costs or reduce risks.
* Identify demand and capacity imbalances and agree on a plan with the business via the S & OP process further working with planners to execute.
* Provide leadership and communication across HCE as standardized business practices are implemented/sustained.
* Engage and contribute to business process improvements.
* Collaborate with team members and functional managers across sites to ensure objectives are clear, responsibilities are understood, and progress is tracked and reported.
* Prioritize and balance workload of multiple assignments based on business and functional objectives.
* Own end-to-end inventory throughout the supply chain and drive inventory optimization.
* Achieve inventory and Customer service targets.
* Embrace continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in supply chain, operations, business. or related field.
* APICS certification preferred.
* 5+ years of progressive supply chain experience.
* Proven supply chain experience; experience working in a manufacturing environment with a lean business system.
* Experience working with lean tools and implementing supply chain business processes (Policy deployment/hoshin planning, pull systems, daily management, level-loading, SIOP, etc.)
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills; experience analyzing inventory (overstock, under stock and defining optimal vs. planned inventory levels by part and value stream).
* Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; able to effectively communicate with both peers and executives. Demonstrated ability to influence others to drive team enhancements.
* Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment. Effective multi-tasking skills are vital.
* Strong appreciation for data integrity and clear process definitions.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and utilize decision making skills.
* Practical knowledge of large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, preferably SAP.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel.
* Skilled knowledge of MS Office programs.
* Ability to travel 25-50%.
Bachelors Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, ERP, SAP, Data Center, Technology
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.