Sterile Processing Tech, Nights Memorial City
At Memorial Hermann, were about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for the preparation and packaging of surgical instruments/equipment for sterilization utilizing principles of Standard Precautions and utilizing Principles of Event Related Sterility.
High School Diploma
Certification in Sterile Processing preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in sterile processing department
certificate of completion from a sterile processing course
r one (1) year of related surgical services experience
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English language
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver supplies and equipment in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Ability to perform basic computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Accurately handles and cares for instruments/equipment appropriately, including appropriate selection of cleaning agents, lubricants, examination for function, identification and assembly according to count sheet and preparation for sterilization.
- Identifies, documents, and reports equipment and tools in need of repair and ensure maintenance is completed.
- Organizes, prepares, assembles, and sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies according to hospital/medical facility standards of sterilization.
- Correctly peel-pack supplies/instruments, wraps instruments for sterilization, and inspects each instrument for use, function, completeness, and cleanliness.
- Loads, monitors, operate and maintain different types of cleaning and sterilization equipment and machinery accurately and safely.
- Assists in maintaining records of all equipment and supplies, ordering of supplies as needed, and monitoring quality control and infection control standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.