Stockroom/Inventory Management Associate
Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
This position is primarily focused on the customer service and inventory management aspects of Managed Services.
What will you do?
- Material handling aspects of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Managed Services core offerings such as: product receiving, stocking, product disbursement, inventory delivery, chemical handling, glass washing, and other basic inventory management activities.
- Operates various Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ handheld devices that include Requisition & Inventory Management System (RIMS) barcode scanner(s)., PacTrac Package tracking device, SciQuest Chemical Scanners
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Performs stockroom duties to include: receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users/ performs deliveries as required.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
How will you get here?
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.