Store Manager (Boston, MA)
Job Locations US-MA-Boston
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(6/3/2020 5:07 PM)
Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee and Big Bite. 'Brain Freeze' is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
* Be Customer Obsessed
* Be Courageous with Your Point of View
* Challenge the Status Quo
* Act Like an Entrepreneur
* Have an 'It Can Be Done' Attitude
* Do the Right Thing
* Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
About This Opportunity
What Will You Do?
* Oversee daily store operations, supervise employees and manage inventory
* Ensure sufficient staffing levels to meet the needs of our guests
* Develop successful sales plans to grow profitability
* Recruit, train, develop and motivate your employees
* Demonstrate leadership and promote a teamwork oriented environment setting high standards and modeling behavior for optimum guest service
* Implement new product lines and create strategies to introduce and promote them to our guests
* Promote 7-Eleven to your guests and community
* Ensure product mix and inventory levels are properly maintained to increase sales and control inventory
* Maintain safety and security of the store, properly documenting any incidents that occur
* Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws within the scope of the convenience/food store operation
Are You Ready?
The Store Manager role requires the following:
* High School diploma/GED with minimum 2 years applicable experience; 2 years college; military experience
* Prior successful food service, retail, grocery management experience
* Demonstrated effective training, coaching and conflict resolution skills
* Highly motivated with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
* Results oriented team player/manager
* Ability to work flexible work schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call
* Strong communication skills
* Excellent guest services skills
The Store Manager role requires constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
What's In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes
* Competitive salary and bonus incentives
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
* Vacation pay
* Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan
* Short-term and long-term disability benefits
* Tuition reimbursement
* Adoption assistance
* Professional growth opportunities
* And more...
7-Eleven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.