Storyboard Revisionists, 3D
WildBrain is looking for Storyboard Revisionists to join our Vancouver studio. In this role, you'll work from the Directors' notes to enhance storytelling and fix problematic sequences in a board. Aside from first-rate drawing skills, you'll need speed, the ability to take and interpret direction, and a knack for adding great poses and expressions to punch up specific scenes. You'll be improving your craft through hands-on experience with our accomplished team of Board Artists and Directors, learning their tricks of the trade.
These roles are set to begin in Fall 2020.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We'd love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
- Discussing and implementing necessary changes to boards
- Following direction given in notes and discussions to revise boards to production expectations
- Maintaining awareness of the series/show's continuity, and ensuring the style and quality of the production is consistently met in board work
- Communicating progress or issues with Board Artists and Supervisors, to ensure all deadlines are met
- Assisting with and completing production-related assignments
- Keeping current on storyboarding techniques and technology
- You have previous experience as a Storyboard Artist or Revisionist for an animated series
- You possess a strong understanding of filmic storytelling principles and techniques
- You have a Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
- You are known for both your drawing skills and your sense of humour!
- Ability to work digitally (Cintiq with Sketchbook, Photoshop or Flash, etc.)
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design, character and composition
- Strong sense of acting and timing
- Creative problem solving skills
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects - from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways:
- Great benefits that make employees feel truly valued including a customizable extended health and dental plan
- Generous RRSP matching
- Bonus time off
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.