Strategic Sourcing/Procurement Manager Capital Equipment
Strategic Sourcing/Procurement Manager - Capital Equipment
Job Location US-AZ-Phoenix
Department Store Support Staff (Corporate/Field Support)
Position Type Full-Time
The Strategic Sourcing / Procurement Manager - Capital Equipment drives competitive advantage and value creation for the Store Development category. In this role, you will plan, implement and execute procurement initiatives impacting the New Store Development. The individual will be responsible for collaborating with various business units and building effective business relations both internally and externally.
- Manage, plan, and execute complex procurement category(s) to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth industry knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of organization
- Research, identify and engage with suppliers in construction, store design & development market focusing on equipment, service and maintenance to meet the requirements of the organization
- Conduct cost modeling i.e. TCO and ROI to build business case with recommendations highlighting best value for the organization
- Understand value drivers and negotiate prices and business terms with suppliers
- Perform sourcing and RFX exercises to obtain lowest total cost of ownership while minimizing any Supply Chain risks to the business
- Identify and deliver cost reduction ideas with supplier partners to obtain industry leading solutions and best-in-class results
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify spend under management opportunities for potential cost savings and/or vendor upgrades
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management preferred with a minimum of five (5) years retail buying experience with eProcurement platforms; or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Self-starter who can build sourcing/procurement credibility within groups not accustomed to working with procurement.
- High level of adaptability to manage the changing needs of the business as they arise
- Leverage strong influencing skillsto communicate on procurement value and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Ability to successfully manage concurrent projects and meet deadlines in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of internal staff and vendors
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficiency with tools/systems to analyze data including Excel, Access, SQL or other data management systems
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.