Strength & Conditioning Coach
Strength & Conditioning Coach
Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
Physical Training Instructors shall provide instruction and coaching to students in the Naval Special Warfare Preparatory Course. The persons for these positions shall have daily contact with Junior Sailors. As such, they must adhere to the highest standards of conduct in their interaction with these sailors; and understand the Student/Instructor relationship, the duties of the Physical Training Instructors, and provide the experienced, professional, administrative, and technical support required to achieve the desired degree of student preparation to accomplish program goals.
Physical Training Instructors shall perform physical testing IAW with established guidelines set forth in MILPERSMAN 1220-410 (SEAL/EOD/SWCC/DIVER/AIRR PHYSICAL SCREENING TESTING STRANDARDS AND PROCEDURES. Physical Training Instructors are required to meet minimum PST standards within 30 calendar days from date of physical check in to Great Lakes IAW current MILPERSMAN 1220-410 SWCC candidate standards.
Physical Training Instructors shall maintain a sufficient fitness level to pass these same standards on a yearly basis. Physical Training Instructors, including the Leads, are required to successfully complete the High Risk Training Course (HRTC), or an executive level HRTC in accordance with NSWCEN policy. Successful completion shall be within 30 calendar days of contract award and/or hired by the contractor; or when first offered by NSWCEN, whichever is later. NSWCEN is responsible to teach this course and for determining all qualifications for course completion. Instructors are required to pass the course.
*Position is based at Naval Station Great Lakes, IL
- Perform and supervise physical training modules with students
- Demonstrate the points of performance for the exercises associated with the PST, as well as ensure exercises are being performed to the established standards
- Prepare students for success in SEAL and SWCC selection and training pipelines by working with applicants to maximize their potential in aquatics and physical training modules; this shall include guidance and application of physical preparedness and training techniques for the PST to include, but not limited to, swim stroke development with and without fins, water confidence, running, and lower and upper body development
- Use the NSWCEN Detachment Great Lakes OIC and subordinate active duty members assigned to the Preparatory Course as the source of information for SEAL and SWCC training in order to train, brief, and inform students of changes in these programs
- Recommend solutions to establish and maintain database/spreadsheet records of NSWCEN students and their status in the Naval Special Warfare Preparatory Course, specifically in regard to student's performance on the PST
- Implement the established academic curriculum provided by the NSWCEN
- Increase student awareness of physical standards for NSWCEN programs
- Provide medical attention to include, but not limited to, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Automated External Defibrillator (AED) devices while awaiting EMT Paramedics on scene
- Facilitate training modules in front of candidates in various forums to include, but not limited, to pool decks, classrooms, workout facilities, and podium lectures
- Plan and execute exit critiques
- Collate results into a per class report, along with providing recommendations for curriculum changes based on critique results
- Exit critique results shall be gathered from students exiting the Preparatory Course
- Report shall be generated and sent to the COR within 7 calendar days following course completion
- Must be willing to operate a Company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or other related physical training field required
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience (within the last five years) as a Strength and Conditioning Coach in an instructor training environment
- Valid and current Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) Certificate, as recognized by the National Strength and Conditioning Association highly desired
- Current Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach Certification with Distinction (RSCC/D) highly desired
- Valid and current CPR/AED Certification
- Valid and current American Red Cross Certification
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clear driving record for the last five years
- Basic proficiency with MS Office required
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Work is typically based in a busy classroom/training environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
As mentioned above, Physical Training Instructors shall also maintain a sufficient fitness level to pass these same standards on a yearly basis. Physical Training Instructors, including the Leads, are required to successfully complete the High Risk Training Course (HRTC), or an executive level HRTC in accordance with NSWCEN policy. Physical Training Instructor, including Leads, will perform and supervise physical training modules with students to include swimming, running, and lower and upper body development.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.