Substation Physical Designer with Bentley Substation Experience
Country United States
Area of Interest Design and Drafting
Type Full Time - Regular
Job ID 2020-3129
COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy is one of the oldest and most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services - from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance - with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
* Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
* Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
* Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
* Communicate openly and honestly
* Improve continuously
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects. Our top-ranked design firm has an established record of accomplishments, including the design of 958 power plants worldwide.
We take pride in being the global choice for power and are actively seeking individuals who share our passion and commitment to shaping the future of the power industry. At Sargent & Lundy, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and grow both personally and professionally alongside industry leaders.
Due to continued growth, our Electric Grid Infrastructure Services Group is seeking an experienced Substation Physical Drafter to join our team in Chicago, IL.
This position will give you the opportunity to:
* Collaborate with engineers and designers in high and extra high voltage substation design in order to prepare the following: General Arrangement, Electrical Equipment Plans, Section Views (Elevations), Detailed Bills of Material, Lightning Stroke Shielding Plans, Grounding Plans, Conduits, Electrical Connection and Grounding Details, Below Grade Conduit/Raceway Plans, and Control Building Equipment, Cable Tray, Lighting, Grounding Plans and Sections.
* Interpret and incorporate vendor information into design deliverables.
* Conduct walkdowns at client substation facilities.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
* An Associate's Degree in Drafting, and/or a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Technology, and/or a high school diploma and 3 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience.
* A minimum of 5 years electrical substation physical design experience.
* Proficient with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
* Familiar with Bentley Substation Design.
* Ability to visualize parts in 3D without the aid of the computer.
* An Associate's Degree in Computer Aided Design.
* Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
* Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment to a technical design.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.