Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Director, Center for Professional Development)
United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Open & closing dates: 07/20/2020 to 07/31/2020
Pay scale & grade: GS 15
Salary: $142,701 to $170,800 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time - Full-time appointment in the Competitive Service. This position is not in the bargaining unit.
As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist, you will:
- Manage a group of professional and administrative employees providing administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit.
- Develop, conceive, plan, and direct initiatives on broad, emerging, or critical large-scale national or international programs relating to USAID’s learning and training program; advise top USAID managers in refining missions, developing key result areas, and measuring vital aspects of learning and training programs that impact all agency organizations.
- Develop advance plans to ensure timely introduction of new or revised procedures, techniques, or operational concepts into the training program; conceive, develop, and introduce new program objectives, goals, systems, and concepts.
- Serve as the agency expert in the analysis and development of policies for the agency’s educational/instructional programs; oordinate or synthesize educational issues with budget considerations which reflect a balance and which meet the policy intent and needs of the program.
- Evaluate related program matters, such as administrative policies and procedures; curricula; instructional methods, techniques, and practices; adequacy and utilization of training aids and devices, facilities and equipment; academic testing and evaluation practices; training standards; and faculty development.
- Identify and develop new and revised training programs and initiatives, and alternative solutions to identified problem areas.
Conditions of Employment
- Relevant Experience (see Qualifications below)
- Males born after 12/31/1959, must be registered with the Selective Service
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- You may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period.
- Most recent SF-50 showing tenure code “1” or “2”.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Time in grade must be met by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date. This means that you must have served at least 52 weeks at the next grade level (or equivalent) below the grade advertised on this vacancy announcement.
You will be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period if you have not done so.
You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.
GS-15:You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 level. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. Examples of qualifying specialized experience at the next lower level for this position includes: a) experience managing and directing training strategy and its linkage to strategic orientation; b) experience designing, delivering, and evaluating learning and training programs for all employees (Foreign Service, General Service, Senior Executive Service, Foreign Service National, and Personal Services Contractors); and c) experience developing strategies to address broad and emerging Human Resources initiatives that affect large-scale agency programs of national or international scope
CTAP/ICTAP candidates will be referred to the selecting official if they are found well qualified. Well-qualified means an eligible employee who possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities which clearly exceed the minimum requirements of the position. A well-qualified employee must meet the qualification and eligibility requirements of the position, including any medical qualifications, suitability, and minimum education and experience requirements, meet all selective factors (where applicable); meet quality ranking factors and are assigned a score of 85 or higher; be physically qualified with reasonable accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position; meet any special qualifying U.S. OPM-approved conditions; AND be able to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position upon entry without additional training. A well-qualified candidate will not necessarily meet the definition of highly or best qualified when evaluated against other candidates who apply for a particular position. In the absence of selective and quality ranking factors, selecting officials will document the job-related reason(s) for qualification determinations.
This position does not have a positive eduction requirement. Therefore, no Transcripts are required.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.