Support Worker - Woodbine- Female Only
Northcott is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit disability services providers that works with customers to realise their potential. Our purpose is to build an inclusive society where people can live the life they choose. Before applying for a role at Northcott, we encourage you to visit our website to learn more about our mission to ensure our values and culture are a good fit for you: www.northcott.com.auAbout the role
Northcott is currently looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and professional female individual to join our Housing and Supported Independent Living site in Woodbine on a Permanent Part Time basis. Vacant (fortnightly) line details are as follows:
- 1 x 51 hour line
Reporting to the Service Coordinator, you will be required to appropriately support customers with opportunities to reach their individual goals through meaningful activities in their home or in the community.
This role would be suited to those with a genuine desire to promote the independence and inclusion in society of people with intellectual disabilities, Autism, psychosocial disability as well as a desire to support individuals to have a voice, choice, and exercise control over their own lives to achieve their individual goals.As a Support Worker you will:
- Be flexible in the way you offer support to our customers.
- Be able to think on your feet and be able to adapt to different customer bases.
- Develop and implement programs to support customers to grow their skills and abilities so they are more able to make decisions affecting their lives, live as independently as possible and participate in their community.
- Support customers to develop and maintain independence and safety. This may be through personal care, health and hygiene such as eating, dressing toileting and showering and/or be supporting customers to access their communities to attend appointments or develop independence skills by participating in events and activities of their choice.
- Perform various household tasks including meal planning and preparation and domestic supports.
- Implement behaviour support plans aimed at supporting individuals who demonstrate challenging behaviours to achieve their goals.
- Please note: Our Customers can require support over various, and potentially multiple, times a day. You may be required to work morning, afternoon and active overnight shifts, including weekend and public holiday shifts.
- An innovative and respectful commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of our customers.
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts a day including early mornings, late nights, weekends and public holidays.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with our customers and to support their individual care plans as appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with psychosocial disability, mental health and complex and challenging behaviours will be highly regarded
- A current Australian Drivers Licence
- NSW Working With Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- National Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- We are a leading disability services provider in NSW and the ACT, providing services and support for people with disability and their families and carers.
- You will have your contribution valued and to have opportunities to grow your career with us.
- A family friendly workplace is offered and support provided for staff to manage their home and work lives effectively.
- Learning & career advancement opportunities
We will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period so please don’t hesitate to apply.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes or applications. Northcott is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
Being Female (sex) is a genuine occupation requirement of the role. As such, and pursuant to Part 3 s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) application for this role is only open to individuals who are Female (sex).
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.