FedEx Freight Inc.
Address Line 1: 1501 N Walton Walker Blvd
Zip Code: 75211
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: varies
Lead employees to ensure customer satisfaction by moving all shipments on time and damage free
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead, manage, educate and develop company employees focusing on retention and growth
2. Supervise and direct employee work (including pre-shifts) with a focus on outstanding quality, customer deliverables and safety performance identifying and overseeing improvement
3. Actively monitor, record and educate employees regarding unsafe acts/conditions correcting immediately using corrective action as need. Provide feedback and follow-up with all impacted employees.
4. Plan daily manpower needs and set schedules to ensure customers’ freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free
5. Communicate job assignments coordinating with all employees ensuring direction is clear and concise
6. Monitor service freight and ensure cut time compliance
7. Monitor, analyze and address all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies while maintaining rigorous safety standards
8. Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and setting appointments
9. Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
10. Build relationships and positive communications with all business partners to ensure customers’ and company’s service standards are met
11. Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
12. Ensure all OS&D is identified and processed properly
13. Perform administrative functions as required
14. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
15. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, Hazardous Materials Regulations, NMFC and Tariff Rules, as well as company policies and procedures, preferred
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
• Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline orientedDivision Category: Operations
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.