SVP, Technology Connect Platform
SVP, Technology- Connect Platform - 65385
Technology and Engineering - USA Chicago, Illinois
Think about the billions of purchases that consumers make every single day around the world. Imagine trying to make sense of the trillions of data points that represent these purchases. From a family doing online shopping for household essentials to a quick run to the supermarket, Nielsen is measuring the entire consumer path to purchase.
Nielsen is a multinational company working with the world's largest brands across the world to inform them on where and how their best customers are shopping. The challenge is that this is a moving target and a complex problem. The commerce landscape is shifting today from brick and mortar to online shopping - and only Nielsen has the span of data to make sense of what drives a consumer to make their purchases.
So where do you fit here? In Nielsen Technology, we process over 250 terabytes of data every single day, manage it in the latest cloud technology, and build best-in-class platforms and analytical tools to add transparency and efficiency to the consumer goods market at a scale that no other company is able to achieve.
We're looking for a passionate, analytical, innovative Leader who wants to figure out how to measure things in a complex world. If you have a passion for building top-notch, scalable products and extensive experience in scalable platforms, we're looking for you!
What You Will Do
- Hands on leadership and end to end responsibility of our Platform working with other leaders in our Horizontal structure
- Support and lead technical conversations, including architecture review, code review, and drive SDLC process as required
- Lead full cycle development of strategic initiatives and provide overall technical guidance to all teams
- Work closely with the platform product leader, creating a linkage between technology development and commercial outcomes
How You Will Invest In Talent
- Develop and inspire a world class team fostering the highest quality talent while scaling to meet business challenges
- Cultivate strong culture and engagement, ensuring associates are committed and excited about their work
- Identify and develop Nielsen's future leaders and senior technologists acting as a talent multiplier
- Work collaboratively with HR and all horizontal leaders to invest in and develop talent strategies
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years experience in developing scalable and cloud native platforms with deep experience in leading delivery teams in agile software development practices and DevOps
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- Excellent experience in designing and building multithreaded distributed systems
- Thrives in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and enjoys being challenged
- Strong interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior executives
We're in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we're measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what's happening now and what's coming next for our clients. Today's data is tomorrow's marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That's why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We're bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what's next with us at Nielsen:
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.