SYD WHS Advisor
The Datacom Connect business provides front line contact centre services and technical solutions to our clients. Our vision is to design and deliver meaningful, efficient and effective customer interactions, putting us at the cutting edge of service delivery and CX.
About the Role
The role of Work Health and Safety Advisor (SA) is to maintain safe work practices and a safe working environment for all staff across NSW and assisting other states within the team by complying with all state, corporate and legal responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act, 2012. The WHS Advisor provides advice, training, consultation, monitoring and governance, to support stakeholders and ensure all relevant WH&S legislation, policies and procedures are implemented and effective. This role provides specialist WHS advice to all management and employees.
What you’ll do
- In conjunction with the People and Culture Lead, develop and execute on a WHS Plan for Connect
- Maintain a programmatic approach to WHS to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation
- Promote the importance of WHS within Connect and provide training and awareness sessions for all people leaders and drive forward the agenda for positive health and safety change in the workplace.
- Ensure hazard and risk assessments are undertaken and action plans put in place to mitigate any risks.
- Organise and attend Safety Well Being Committee meetings
- Write and implement policies and procedures aligned to the Group WHS framework
- Ensure continuous improvement by constantly looking for opportunities to improve safe work practices and procedures
- Co-ordinate required training for employees including first aid officers, fire wardens and Safety and Well-being Committee members.
- Carry out file reviews with Return to Work NSW and its Agent/s
- Actively participate in all aspects of rehabilitation of an injured worker
- Facilitate audits to ensure the WHS systems and activities are implemented, effective, and in accordance with legislative and Datacom requirements.
- Lead allocated site visits, inspections and incident investigations.
What you’ll bring
- Knowledge of the Relevant Work Health and Safety Act and Codes of Practice & Guidelines
- Knowledge of workers compensation and related legislation
- Knowledge of injury management and claims management
- Experience with developing and implementing WHS Management Systems.
- Experience with facilitating WHS audits.
- Experience in developing and delivering in-house presentations and training programs
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrate leadership, good communication and inter-personnel skills
- Min 5 years in WHS
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over AU $1.1 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We are committed to hiring, developing and promoting diverse talent.
Datacom has extensive expertise in the operation of contact centres, data centres, engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations.
Founded in 1965, we have a successful trading history of consistent growth, profitability and a track record of delivering innovative, cost effective technology solutions. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Datacom offers a complete employee life cycle: from flexible working arrangements, inspiring leadership programs, development opportunities through to corporate wellness programs and a passion for the importance of work life balance.
Our future looks bright. And so can yours. If you're ready to make a move, we're ready to talk.
Please register your interest to Dolly Miranda, Recruitment Lead by clicking 'Apply Now".
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.