System Engineer, Intermediate to Senior
Our Company Benefits:
Our contribution to our employees represents much more than just a pay check.
We invest in our employees health and wellness, paid time off, retirement,
income protection, work/life balance, talent development and more. As a General
Dynamics employee, you can enjoy many of our benefits including:
* Health and optional dental plan
* Life insurance and retirement benefits
* Vacation and flexible work environment
* On-site fitness facilities
* Free parking
* Hockey and soccer leagues
* Tickets and giveaways offered through our Recreation Association
About General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada
General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is one of the country s most
innovative defence and security technology companies, providing advanced
thinking, design expertise, and implementation know-how to equip military and
first responders with leading-edge hardware, software and systems.
Our employees innovate on a daily basis. Part of General Dynamics Mission
Systems, a global company with more than 13,000 employees across 100 facilities
worldwide, our success stems from strong system engineering experience, ongoing
investment in research and development, collaboration with commercial and
military systems industry leaders, and a singular focus on customer service.
In Canada, we employ more than 1,300 people across three locations. Our
business groups include: Land Communications, Airborne Mission Systems,
Underwater Warfare and Cyber Solutions.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural
background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do
resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! (Workplace
accommodations are available).
We are currently growing our System Engineering team and are looking for highly
customer focused technical professionals to lead, define and influence the
architecture of the Canadian Army s Land Command Support System (LCSS). Our
SoS System Engineering team develop a broad knowledge of different engineering
disciplines and technologies in order to advise from a high-level system view
or from a more detailed product level. We are hiring for multiple positions,
ranging from Intermediate to Senior Level.
Your role in more detail:
* Work with the LCSS Architects to provide capability definition of the
* Document the development of system engineering artefacts such as
capability descriptions, scope statements, concept of operations and
operational use cases based on the vision of the Canadian customer and
the needs of the end user.
* Develop broad knowledge of different engineering disciplines and
technologies in order to advise from a high level system view or from a
more detailed product level
* You will be conducting requirements management, structured analysis and
* You will bring forward ideas and innovation towards process as part of
continuous improvement initiatives
Our Team: You will work as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team that
has adopted an Agile framework, you will participate in PI planning sessions
and daily stand ups. You will work with our customer to identify gaps and areas
of potential improvement within existing capabilities.
* A university degree or equivalent in Engineering, Applied Science or
* Minimum 3 years experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or
applicable scientific discipline.
* Previous experience or substantial exposure to Systems Engineering or
Systems Architecture is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team
environment, with minimum supervision.
* Experience in requirements management, structured analysis and modelling.
* Demonstrated experience in requirements development and developing
solutions against requirements is required.
* You will have initiative and strong verbal and written communications
skill in order to build relationships with our customer as well as
supporting and presenting at meetings
* Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a
positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada
either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Familiarity with IBM/Rational tools such as DOORS and the Rational Team
* Familiarity with system modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect,
ARTiSAN, Rhapsody, or others.
* Familiarity with Military and Industry standard System Architecture
Frameworks such as DNDAF, DoDAF, TOGAF, NAF, etc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.