Systems engineering and integration lead
Systems engineering and integration lead
Mott MacDonald is look to develop, support and lead the execution of the Systems Engineering and Systems Integration activities on projects executed by Mott MacDonald in North America with particular responsibility for those projects occurring in Canada. To develop and maintain relationships with known and potential key service providers for.This role reports to the Rail Systems Practice Lead within Mott MacDonald Canada.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development, adoption and delivery of key Systems Engineering and Systems Integration processes and practices within MM’s North American practices; to include System Engineering (SE), Systems Integration (SI), Requirements Management (RM) and Configuration Management (CM)
- Lead the Systems Engineering and Systems Integration elements of project bids within Mott MacDonald Canada, including system architecting, requirements management and budget development as necessary.
- Lead the Systems Engineering (SE) and Systems Integration (SI) elements of project delivery within Mott MacDonald Canada, including systems architecting, requirements management, interface and integration, configuration management and budget management.
- Provide direct SE and SI support and insight to each project’s management and delivery team
- Select, develop and work with key delivery partners and service providers for projects.
- Support the development of MM Canada’s Rail Systems Practice
- Undertake cost review and analysis of SE & SI engineering costs against delivery on each production project. Where necessary, discuss and agree corrective actions with relevant team members.
- Develop and lead a Systems Engineering and Systems Integration engineering team.
- Deliver strategic direction for Systems Engineering and Systems Integration processes and practices within MM Canada and US Business Units.
- Development of Rail Systems Practice business with Canada, in conjunction with the Practice Lead, with emphasis on to include System Engineering (SE), Systems Integration (SI), Requirements Management (RM), Configuration Management (CM) and Systems Assurance (SA).
- Development and on-going review/update of all Systems Engineering and Systems Integration processes and practices used within Mott MacDonald
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for Systems Engineering and Integration activities for all MM rail projects in Canada and US
- Provide strategic and tactical support for all Comms, S&TCS, Traction Power and Systems Assurance activities for MM rail projects across Canada and the US as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably IT/ Systems Engineering).
- 10 - 15 years’ progressive experience in Systems Engineering and/or Systems Integration with significant experience in rail and transit projects.
- Demonstrable strength in a minimum of two of the following: Requirements Management, Systems Architecting, Integration and Interface Management, System Engineering lifecycles, IEC 15288: 2015
- Good communication skills and English fluency.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi- disciplined team.
- Able to hold competent technical discussions with Client representatives
- Able to hold competent business discussions with Clients
- Able to interface with domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Broad experience of delivery within major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of railway systems and / or operation within infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- Travel is part of the job and it is expected that the successful applicant will be able to travel within Canada and the US to MM locations and project offices
Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Every day we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world. As part of our growing business, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Railways, Systems and signals
Project management, Rail and metros, Transportation
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.