Systems Infrastructure Engineer
When you work at Allianz, you're part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. We value diverse thinking, so your ideas and innovative mindset will be warmly welcomed. You'll experience a friendly environment working with talented people, where you'll be included and have your capabilities recognised. And you'll be supported to reach your full potential and enjoy an enriching career.
Systems Infrastructure Engineer x 2 (Wintel & Virtualisation) - Allianz Technology | NSW - Sydney
Allianz is the home for System Infrastructure Engineer's who dare to think differently.
What if you could put the customer at the heart of everything you do?
We are currently seeking two permanent roles within our System Infrastructure team:
- Systems Infrastructure Engineer -Wintel: Responsible for Administering the Windows Infrastructure and Windows Server Operating System environments
- Systems Infrastructure Engineer - Virtualisation: Responsible for administrating VMware VSphere / Cisci UCS infrastructure environments.
As part of the Wintel & Virtualisation teams the two Systems Infrastructure Engineerswill report into the Systems Support Team Lead and is based in usual circumstances in our North Sydney offices. The roles will work remotely amidst COVID and associated government recommendations to ensure utmost safety to our employees.
As a Systems Infrastructure Engineer, you will utilize your extensive experience to design, administer, maintain and support the Wintel Or Virtualisation infrastructure environment. This includes servers, storage, physical/virtual environments, Active Directory, Automation and Cloud Management platforms, File & Print and associated infrastructure.
The role will see you working on the Data consolidation project, Domain controller upgrade and integration work with the global Hybrid cloud environment to name but a few aspects. As a senior technical resource, the role is responsible for guiding the technical decision making, and developing the team's technical capability, to deliver a reliable and functional service to the Allianz Operating Entities supported.
You'll be responsible for:
- Overall windows support to resolve issues where required and provide technical input and analysis and problem management including management of maintenance vendors
- Provide systems maintenance to ensure the integrity of the environment by keeping OS and firmware levels up to date and environment being constantly managed, monitored and documented
- Provide technical expertise in all areas of Operating System, Active Directory, Private Cloud automated virtualized environments, high availability/DR, SOE, security practices, hardware installation and server builds and data centre services, for both day to day operational activities and projects
- Providing technical input regarding the windows and storage infrastructure and propose ideas and solutions for service improvement
Important to your success:
- Extensive experience and specialist skills (3 - 5 years) in supporting, administering and implementation of IT infrastructure in a large corporate environment
- Excellent client facing skills, professional personal presentation, written and verbal communication
- Desired industry / vendor certifications MCSE/MCITP/MCSA/VCP/NCDA
- Strong ADFS v2+ and scripting knowledge ideally in Powershell
Systems Infrastructure Engineer (Wintel):
- Proven skills and experience in Windows Server / Active Directory skills (Win2008 - 2016 GPO, DNS, DFSR, DHCP)
Systems Infrastructure Engineer (Virtualisation):
- Proven experience in VMware vSphere 6+ in a large enterprise cloud environment.
- Proven skills in Server Hardware Cisco UCS Blade / Fabric Interconnect hardware
What's on offer?
- What matters to you, matters to us too. Feel supported to have open, honest conversations about the flex you need so that you're able to take care of your personal life
- Be a part of a business transformation - make impact!
- Company discounts & benefits
Allianz is the home for those who dare - a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people, we foster a culture where our employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and dare to challenge the industry.
Allianz is committed to enabling a culture where inclusion is embedded, everyone belongs and new ideas are embraced. We welcome and value talent from all backgrounds, experiences and ways of working Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
If you dare, there's an opportunity for you at www.allianz.com.au/careers
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.