TCA and Market Structure Analyst
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The TCA & Market Structure Analyst position is an exciting opportunity to support the Equity and Fixed Income Global Trading Teams using both in-house and external/third party systems to performing quantitative trade cost analysis. The TCA & Market Structure Analyst has the responsibility of analyzing pre-trade cost estimates and post-trade analytics, supporting the development and improvement of the overall transaction cost analysis infrastructure, and of providing information to traders, trading management, and clients regarding T. Rowe Price trades. The position will also support additional market structure initiatives as needed.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Apply quantitative, statistical, and data analysis techniques to provide trading performance reports to internal stakeholders
- Ensure integrity of internal transaction cost measurement systems. Audit data and liaise with technology partners to improve data and processes
- Perform ad-hoc pre-trade and post-trade studies for trading management, traders, portfolio managers and external clients
- Assist with the day-to-day management of the existing Trading Cost Analyst (TCA) framework and its expansion to additional sectors. This effort will include the design and testing of a methodology to calculate trading costs while accounting for different trading protocols, market data availability and data quality
- Liaise with and evaluate third party TCA vendors
- Undergraduate degree in a mathematical, quantitative, technological or economics discipline; Master's Degree or PhD a plus
- Knowledge of investments, portfolios, and stock or bond trading; progress towards CFA qualification
- Demonstrated programming skills in MATLAB, Python or R
- Minimum college degree and 2 years of relevant work and/or internship experience
- Ability to analyze a variety of information, to quickly draw relevant conclusions, and to summarize and communicate results effectively
- Passionate about contributing to the growth of a developing and evolving function of the business
- Intellectual curiosity and strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, sound judgment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Interest in continuing education and self-improvement
- Working knowledge and aptitude with SQL
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.