Teacher Science - Wiley Park Girls High School
NSW Department of Education
Wiley Park Girls High School is a comprehensive girls' high school with an enrolment of approximately 500 students, including 94% from a diverse range of non-English speaking backgrounds. The school is committed to the values of public education and enjoys a tradition of excellent student outcomes in academic, sporting and cultural endeavours. The school operates a compressed curriculum model for its Stage 6 students, enabling the students to accumulate the HSC credential over two years. The school is characterised by its strong focus on quality teaching and consequently has an emphasis on the development of staff to support continual improvement of student learning outcomes. The school's supportive and positive rapport, which exists between staff and students at the school, underpins the productive and positive nature of the school's learning environment. The current School Plan and past Annual School Reports are available on the Wiley Park Girls High School website: https://wileyparkg-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/
1. Approval to teach Science, Physics and approval &/or willingness to teach Earth & Environmental Science.
2. Demonstrated capacity to deliver effective, engaging and differentiated teaching programs to satisfy a diverse range of student needs.
3. Ability to work as part of a faculty team to integrate literacy and numeracy strategies within all classrooms to engage students and improve their achievement of learning outcomes.
4. Ability ti incorporate technologies and innovative 21st century teaching and learning practices into the classroom and assessment practices.
5. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build positive relationships with students, staff, parents and the community.
6. Capacity to implement whole school Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) guidelines to consistently manage student wellbeing and behaviour.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.
New merit selection application guidelines for classroom teachers, executives and principals have been introduced to provide greater clarity to applicants and selection panels. The guidelines are in effect on positions advertised from Wednesday 10th June 2020. The guidelines are located at: https://education.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers-at-education/roles-and-locations/roles-at-education/teaching/addressing-selection-criteria.html
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.