Team Lead, Insurance Strategy & Analytics
Meet The Team
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We are changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
What is the position
In this role, you will join Insurance Strategy & Analytics which is a critical function within the CFO department that drives the optimization of Oscar’s growth and profitability with a unique combination of quantitative modeling, business intuition on decision trade-offs, and end-to-end strategic management that transforms ideas to decisions and execution.
- Work with head of function to build out all aspects of the team including model development, building process and governance structure, where you will have a direct influence on shaping it
- Unique combination of leading a quantitative vertical and horizontal company-wide initiatives across functions like Commercial Finance, Data, Actuarial, Sales & Marketing, Network
- Craft recommendations using a data-driven approach combined with business intuition for c-suite executives to make pricing decisions that impact the organization’s bottom line
- Create models and tools that produce actionable business insights to drive company-wide strategic decisions, including understanding profitability tradeoffs, market trends, and key drivers
Who are you
- Leadership ability: you can connect the dots on different functions, ideas, stakeholders to lead enterprise wide initiatives and matrix teams that are outside of your direct line and team
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you take the initiative to identify gaps and tackle problems that might be outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Analytical and strategic mindset: you have an interest and willingness to learn more about broader business strategic tradeoffs and decisions
- Collaborative attitude: you are able to work effectively with other teams across the organization using your communication skills, and organizational awareness
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative field such as Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics and Finance
- 7+ years in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment leading / managing a team, and enterprise wide initiatives both technical and strategic
- Technical / Quantitative modeling capabilities with demonstrated track record of navigating ambiguity to drive to outcomes, work with large datasets and distill analyses into actionable business insights
- Prior experience in Healthcare, start-up and/or Insurance industry
- Demonstrated ability to Excellent executive communication skills - both verbal and written
- FSA or Data Science background is a plus
- Strong proficiency with Excel, SQL, R, and/or Python to manipulate and analyze data
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.