Technical Administrative Assistant
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and
resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply
scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we
invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All
of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle
critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and
environmental management. Battelle s work is grounded in the belief that
science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more
competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Technical Administrative Assistant to support the
Cyber Trust and Analytics group. This position is in Columbus, Ohiobut will
require travel to Dayton OH.
From Silicon to Systems - We are an elite, multi-disciplinary team,
bringing together the brightest minds from physics, computer science,
electrical engineering, and mathematics to develop unique embedded security
solutions for government and industrial customers.
Battelle has been trusted by elite government clients to solve some of the
world s hardest security problems. We work in small agile teams to push the
bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered labs include specialized
software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new
This position provides a combination of administrative, program, and technical
support to the Cyber Trust and Analytics mission through the following
* Support administrative activities for program management leadership
* Support administrative requirements of the research team
* Support periodic technical research and procurement needs of the team
* Provide direct support to the program manager and PM team for routine and
as-needed administrative tasking.
* Make appointments, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements, and
coordinate activities for program leadership.
* Maintain the program calendar to ensure the accuracy of events and
* Compose, prepare, edit, and proofread letters, reports, and other
documents, to include Standard Operating Procedures and administrative
* Coordinate meetings and events to support the program, including
participant list generation and facility, symposia, workshops, and
technical meetings, as directed by program leadership.
* Act as coordinator of program events and projects, following up on
pending details, coordinating project team activities, and ensuring
deadlines are met.
* Research and obtain information for routine and moderately complex
reports and special assignments.
* Assist in responding to short notice or quick response technical
* Use software packages for word processing, spreadsheets, databases,
graphics, and desktop publishing applications.
* Answer telephones, screen calls, and forward messages.
* Order and maintain supplies and ensure office equipment accountability
* Procure and track scientific or engineering equipment and materials to
support on-going research.
* Coordinate with contractor and government personnel at all organizational
levels and outside parties to gather information and prepare
* High School Diploma and at least three years of related experience in
administrative support of scientific or engineering teams.
* Ability to prioritize and organize work; Self-initiative and ability to
work independently are critical.
* Ability to use PC software packages for word processing, spreadsheets,
databases, graphics, and desktop publishing applications.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Experience in procurement and tracking scientific or engineering
equipment and materials to support on-going research.
* Experience in procurement of scientific or engineering equipment and
* Must be a sole U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US
government security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
* Experience working on government sites or supporting government projects.
* Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in a technical field with 0-2 years of
* Experience in a technical environment.
* Experience in supporting procurement processes including writing source
justification and technical evaluations.
* DoD Secret clearance.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work
being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of
staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to
commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's
Battelle s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and
dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts,
disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection
for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation,
training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to
have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve
personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for
equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at
all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.