Technical Coordinator - High Quality Residential Refurbishment
Technical Manager - High Quality Residential Refurbishment
£70k - £75k plus benefits
One of our clients, a medium-sized company, who specialise in high quality residential refurbishment and new-builds, ranging from £5m-£15m, are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager. You will be reporting directly into the Managing Director, it's a standalone role and you must have experience running a similar project or working part of a small team. The project is a 5 storey development, comprises of a basement car park, commercial on the ground floor and 45 apartments.
Your role will be to appoint external consultants and manage and coordinate them through all stages of planning through to commercial, production, sales and adoptions. You much check the layout drawings, suppliers and manufacturers details and assist in obtaining necessary Building Regulation Technical Approvals and advise the internal teams of all updates and progress.
• Prepare for, attend and participate in all necessary key meetings as required by the Operational Framework.
• Attend all site based and Head Office Development Meetings as necessary.
• Run design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
• Continual input into Value Improvement process.
• Input into health, safety and environmental check lists including house type risk assessments.
• Provide any necessary Input into CDM.
• Any other duties as defined and required by the Managing Director and Project Manager
• Attend progress meetings with Housing Associations and other none residential land uses and ensure appropriate information is provided to allow planning and contractual requirements to be met.
• Produce any home user guide information required by housing association.
• Ensure thorough co-ordination between all consultants to prevent any adopting, conflicting or maintenance issues during construction of the development.
• Work with commercial team to provide a detailed materials schedule and plot schedule details for the development to ensure commercial objectives are maintained and planning constraints met.
• Commercial awareness of proposals is continually essential.
• Clear all Building Regulation conditions to ensure CML's can be delivered in line with Regional Budget.
• Arrange for the preparation of all working drawing requirements -residential and none residential uses - and supporting information for issue to Commercial Department for tendering purposes in line with agreed Programme, utilizing external consultants where appropriate.
• Undertake detailed assessment and approval of all supporting suppliers and manufacturer's information, including renewable energy requirements.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
• Full Technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints must be clearly demonstrated.
• Ability to demonstrate continuing development and understanding of emerging requirements. Understanding of the planning process.
• Detailed experience of building regulations process
• Excellent communication skills and team work are essential.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for this role, or wish to have a confidential chat, then please feel free to contact Paige Wooding on 07551155789
To view all of our current roles then please visit our website; www.borneltd.com or register for alerts on our App (available on the App Store and on Google play).
Please bear in mind that we often get a high volume of applications for each role. We'd love to call every single person, even if they're not the right fit, but we just can't. What we can guarantee is that we will strive to contact suitable candidates, who have the required experience and background for this role or any other current roles, as soon as possible. Finally, if you call us, we make a huge effort to take every call (if we're not already on the phone) and will always return calls and messages.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.