Technical Operations Manager, Operations and Process Excellence
The Technical Operations Manager, Operations and Process Excellence is responsible for helping advance the department’s capabilities (supporting Drug Substance / Drug Product Process Engineering, Analytical and Packaging & Labeling) by providing operational support, leading process optimization efforts and implementing system enhancements. This individual will work collaboratively across functions, such as Quality, Regulatory and Supply Chain, to develop and deploy standardized tools and best-practices for Risk Management, Knowledge Management, Training, and business planning processes.
- Use defined methodologies (e.g. RCA, Lean/Six Sigma, process mapping, analytics & overall application of DMAIC project framework) to identify, analyze, and implement sustainable process improvements.
- Develop & implement metrics to measure diverse aspects of business operations; leverages business analytics tools to compile reports and dashboards for effective communication of key trends and progress to all levels of the organization.
- Research and inform on latest industry practices and new technologies.
- Act as a change sponsor to ensure successful implementation of new processes, procedures, systems, etc.
- Lead by example to promote an inclusive, motivating work environment that encourages participation, creativity, learning, and accountability.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Be an integral part of growing the Operations and Process Excellence Team, and contribute to the team’s scope and direction.
- Self-starter; able to identify opportunities and drive improvements to documentation, procedures, and processes that will enhance efficiency and ensure best practices are implemented.
- Apply data-analytics to identify operational trends, and work with business and process owners to resolve any issues.
- Recognize opportunities to support Technical Operations functions by centralizing routine and operational activities in the Operations and Process Excellence Team.
- Steward the Continuous Improvement portfolio for Technical Operations and provide Process Excellence Subject Matter Expert support to project leads to help advance their initiatives.
- Stellar interpersonal, communication and written skills with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment, manage priorities, and maintain timelines for multiple projects
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in an engineering, scientific or allied health field (or equivalent degree) and 5 or more years of relevant work experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industry, or relevant comparable background.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with data analytics and visualization tools, such as Power BI, Tableau.
- Strong project management skills.
- Familiar with Risk Assessment tools and methodologies.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training a plus.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ***************@vrtx.com.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.