Technical Sales Engineer, Northeast
We are changing the world! Want to help the largest organizations on the planet
achieve unprecedented visibility and control over the most complex environments
in the world?
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs & provide
solutions? Do you have excellent technical skills along with the ability to
translate those skills to any audience?
At Tanium our Technical Sales Engineering (TSE) team works closely with Sales
and Technical Account Management (TAM) teams to engage our customers. We guide
and lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform,
and provide comprehensive Proof of Value (POV).
You will be engaged in interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analysis of
customers current technology and architecture, operational and business
needs; and the development and presentation of Tanium solutions. You will lead
deep-dive technical discussions with the customer to position Tanium s
transformative enterprise operations and security platform to the relevant
partners, from C-level to the technology user.
* Work directly with our outstanding sales team from initial discovery to
deal close to shorten sales cycles and improve closing rate
* Oversee and participate in initial discovery meetings with customers,
providing platform demos and highly technical Proof of Value engagements
for both existing customers and new sales opportunities
* Be the direct conduit translating customer challenges into technical
solutions, positioning Tanium to solve those challenges
* Function as a technical expert throughout Sales engagements, ensuring
that tactical motions in the pre-sales and POV process line up with
strategic account goals
* Partner with field engineering teams (TAMs) to ensure maximum technical
effectiveness and consistent customer experience throughout the POV
* Consistently address our customers needs through astute verbal,
written, & presentation skills
* Build, manage and maintain relationships with the customer, in addition
to relationships with peers and partners
* Participate and speak at regional marketing events and conferences
* Customer-facing Sales and Channel enablement, including training
* Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Sales,
Marketing, Product, and TAM organizations to improve effectiveness and
efficiency throughout the customer life-cycle
* Travel expected to be 40-60% to engage with customers and prospects in
* BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent
* 8+ years of operational and/or selling experience in endpoint operations
* 4+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
* Experience selling into, and established relationships in, Canadian
* Software pre-sales or related value-based influential technical-selling
expertise in very large enterprise environments
* Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to Solution Users
* Experience taking ownership of complex projects and producing successful
* Broad knowledge of the IT security, operations, and compliance space and
* Deep knowledge with hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
* Endpoint Security
* IT Operations Management
* Regulatory Compliance
* Broad knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills
* Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
Does this sound like you?
* A Technical Sales Engineer that thrives on complex problems and solving
them with technology.
* Are you the go-to Technical Sales Engineer who excels under
* Are you a technologist, but enjoy working with customers on delivering
* Do you wish you could be more hands-on with technology throughout the
* Can you navigate the complexity of Enterprise customers and execute
excellence at every level?
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that
transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage
and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility.
There s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and
financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude
has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private
Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE s list of t
100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of
collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the
way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their
most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives
and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it s imperati
that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in
our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where
everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that
only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like
5 days of Volunteer Time Off.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.