Technical Systems Application Analyst
Status: Contract 12 months
Education Level: 4 year University degree; Computer Science, Engineering or
Deadline to Apply: July 22, 2020
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are
fundamental truths about us that don t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellenc
People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets
including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and
unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is seeking a results driven professional to join
our Nuclear team in the role of Technical Systems Application Analyst based out
of our Pickering, ON location.
Reporting to the Section Manager Scheduling, the Technical Systems Application
Analyst will provide a comprehensive approach to the implementation of related
Information System applications with emphasis on improved efficiency, improved
quality and optimal use of resources.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will
contribute to Ontario Power Generation s continued growth and success in
generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
* Database Performance Monitoring, Analysis and Tuning:
* Develop, select, and test advanced computer algorithms evaluating
business performance in the areas of reliability, plant maintenance and
other business aspects;
* Monitor existing database systems for adequacy, functionality and
integrity. Follow up with corrective actions;
* Translate and migrate current applications to a SQL Azure environment.
* Coordinate and assemble data and conduct analysis in support of
* Assist department staff in efficient use of computer based tools;
* 4 year University degree is required, preferably in Computer Science,
Engineering or Business
* Minimum 1 year experience in data analytics and database management
* Experience working with various table structures within complex
* Demonstrated effective interfacing and collaboration with key
* Demonstrated effective ability to manage multiple priorities and to
* Highly collaborative and an effective team player;
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal
* Results oriented with high integrity.
* Hands-on experience with the following technologies and databases is
o Microsoft Azure SQL Database
o SQL Server 2016+
o SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
o Proficient with Microsoft Access & Excel
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment
to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation offer
an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a
work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee
means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable
contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success. At OPG our
values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization
that don t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
* Exceptional range of opportunities
* Long-term career growth and development opportunities
* Electricity is vital to our future
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and
you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right
fit at OPG.
Our promise to you
* We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our
* A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
* Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
* Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad
* Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we
* We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at by 11:59 PM
E.S.T., July 22, 2020. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates
considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible
environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you
require accommodation during the application or interview process, please
advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you
require technical support in a format that is accessible to you, please contact
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.